ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling coming from the front

On my way home from work today i had all my windows open as it was so nice, everytime i went over a slight bump/dip in the road i could here this rattling noise which sounded as though it was coming from the front tyre area???? it sounded as if it was some sort of loose bracket. There is nothing wrong with steering or no boom from the exhaust everything seems ok, any ideas??.......
ROB

Williams 2, STi N12

Check your coil springs. The last half inch shears off and sits in the retaining plate. Rattles the same but only when you go over bumps!

Worth a try and is a common fault.

Lets just hope for the garages sake, that have just recently changed both coil springs that it isnt those........ ive had it up to here with them
They had my car for 10 days just to fit the springs have you eveer heard of a garage like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!