ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling sunroof - been removed/resealed but still doing it.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Afternoon CS,

About a month ago my sunroof developed at catastrophic leak so I had it removed, resealed and refitted and it rattled slightly but nothing too bad, certainly not as much as it did before it was done.

In the last week, it's developed a catastrophic rattle that's doing my nut in. I do 500 miles a week and there's only so long I can take before wanting to rip my own ears off!

What's the best course of action - I read about using padded tape on the sunroof mounting as it's a metal on metal or something that causes the rattling? At this point I'd cut my own arm off to stop the rattling it's that bad.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Wife's dynamique did this, and it was the hinges at the front. A nice dab of copper grease and away it went.

It does sound like it's from that area but then the hinge on the handle rattles as well, although far less.

Is it a glass out job for copper greasing it or can you do it without taking it out?

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
It's glass out, but that takes 5 seconds?

A dab of grease on the bar inside the handle should do the trick too.

Indeed, I've just checked how to do it, I thought it was more involved.

Will give it a go - certainly can't make it any worse anyway.

Cheers.