ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RAW file system??

1 Series Coupe
I've never come across this before. I've got a laptop sitting here that has managed to get itself into a right state.

It says the file system is RAW - this now won't let me chkdsk, defrag. It won't even let me convert it!! I can't seem to find much about it on the internet.

I think it's majorly corrupt, but not 100% sure.
I've got all the data that is required from the hard disk.
The owner doesn't have the rebuild disk and it has no repair partition on the drive! - Nice and helpful.

It will boot, but will sometimes BSOD with the error being 'Page fault in non paged area'

Can anyone shed some light?

Many Thanks

Matt

RB 182
As far as I remember Windows is seeing the partition as a RAW file system as it doesn't see a NTFS or FAT file system which it understands and this is the way it handles that. As it doesn't understand the file system to can't see the files.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
RAW is the like the state its bought in. Needs formatting into NTFS or FAT to work with windows or possibly work with anything.

I got a virus and it wiped my harddrive to RAW, couldn't get any data off it and my dad said its buggered. Formatted it again with windows CD I think.