ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RC5+ or DS2500

182 Cup
With Brembo HC discs, which would you choose?

They're the same price effectively from different sources so not sure what to do, especially with my limited experience.

Will be used mainly on the road until next year when I'll be starting track days!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Another vote for rc5's never had them fade even with back to back laps of the ring in hot weather

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
I run the DS2500, find them great on both track and road, never had an issue with fade, done 4 track days and 15000 miles on them now and they're only half way gone.

182 Cup
Sounds like i'd be better going for the ds2500 then, as it will be mostly road work that i'll be doing with a couple of track days :)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
I run the DS2500, find them great on both track and road, never had an issue with fade, done 4 track days and 15000 miles on them now and they're only half way gone.

I killed a set of ds2500 after 10k miles and 2 track days, god knows how you have made them last that long! :rasp: I also got fade after 25-30mins on track with the DS2500, won't know what the RC5+ are like on track until august, but on the road there is already a noticeable difference between the two. RC5+ are crazy good!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I fitted RC5+ and Brembo HC's before my last trackday.

The previous Mintex which coud have been 1144's would overheat 8-10 laps in. The new setup would easily go 20 laps plus with no fade. The discs still look brand new and the bite from cold is excellent.

CL's get my vote.

Given that the RC5+'s have been designed to not squeal they are so much better value. Carbon Lorrianes have very good cold bite for aftermarket pads, the best I've used and when using them hard they never let off/fade. Both things that the Ferrodo doesn't excel in tbh. So given they are similar priced you'd be mad to go for the DS2500.

Nick

Lol of course I do Fred! You've never seen me on track so canny comment! ;) Never had my pads fall apart either, I even used them to the backplates for a bit when on track so that shows my commitment! ;)

We all know why you don't like the CL's, mainly because you sell the DS2500's!

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
standing in the pit lane doing your hair is certainly comitted! 9 sets in total i've seen fall apart, bit dangerous!

Lionel Richie
you were in the back of the green merc with Mrs H's vanity bag, TH told you to use the l'oreal moisturiser

Clio 172
I'd go for Blue Stuff, that's what I have and they are superb, no brake fade after 45 minutes on track at Donington on the GP track and a very hot day. Can't vouch for the others but I will definatly be buying the same again, 4 track days Donington GP twice, Oulton Park and LLandow on them so far and not an issue at all.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ive used ds2500's in the past, but am now on my 2nd set on CLs - obscene stopping power, & perfectly fine from cold as well.

My old rc5s dust ate my wheels, but the rc5+ are no worse than standard.

Rc5+ everytime imho

53 Clio's & counting
It will also depend on what size wheels, what make of tyres, and if you have any brake cooling, plus if the pads and discs are bedded in correctly.

IMO, for road use the DS2500 are good, nice bite and stop quickly, and in the brief useage iv had on track with them, they behaved fine - I tihnk it will vary on driving style also.

Remember, a set of pads will act differently on a car with 16's and sticky tyres, than on a car with 15's, road tyres and no arch liners.

:)