ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RCA’s

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

im looking for some new RCAs. where can i get them from. also any recommendations on makes? i wana spend like £20-30 on 2 sets of RCAs, maybe more if they r special.

Thanks

Hon

hon mate couldnt you find something else to spend the dosh on - i really cant see the point in spending that amount on them, trust me i had this with my studio gear. its like paying £30 for performance HT leads...not to mention the ecotek...;)

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

yeah but i need a new set because i got the sub out init. one set for the sub and one for the speakers. once i set it up seperately i can adjust the bass crossover on the HU. and also the speaker crossover frequencies.

oh no need to show off now on your shiny hew alpine! how is it anyway? fisured it all out yet? that time delay thing sounds cool, does it actually make much difference?

ok, but on the wiring side, i would be careful about how much you spend on cabling; in my opinion, as long as you get wiring with decent connections (i.e. not the sh*tty plastic ones that lok like theyl last about 5 mins) then you will generally speaking not be able to tell the difference between two brands. OFC, gold plated terminals.......its all for show, and if youre just shoving them down by your sideskirt then you aint gonna see them are ya?!

...look around for HIFI stuff too... http://www.richersounds.com/index.php?f=itemlist.php&c=1308http://www.richersounds.com/index.php?f=itemlist.php&c=1308 is a good place, got a shop in sevenoaks for when youre back too.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

yeah i suppose so m8. i havent had time to mess round with my head unit. i had to much sh*t to pack to uni, so i took the beemer. oh my god, wot a car!! my god this is a first class babe magnet. anyway, next time im back ill buy u a drink and well discuss the situation.

cabling should take up a large chunk of your ice budget becasue it does make a difference, infact it makes a hell of a difference no point in having a nice H/U like a alpine if your RCAs cant hadle that 4v preout?

Tom

ok but in the end doesnt come down to what your ears actually hear? i think there is a bit of a problem where peopel get too bogged down in statistical information and forget that the most important finished product is the sound that you hear, not the figures on paper. while i see what tom is getting at, the signal is still a line-level voltage, and as long as your RCAs arent as thin as wire (sorry for the pun!) then they shouldnt have any problems. im not saying get the sh*ttiest pair around, btu dont get fooled into paying loads extra for what will be a minimal increase in quality.

...oh, and the beemer? you bastad! (hope ur insured;) ! )

350z & 16v Maxi

You hear interference tho, and the more expensive the RCA the less interference. And you want the full 4v getting to the amp, not 3v because of sh*t connections and wire. Make sure the RCAs are double shielded and have a minimum of gold plated connections, Nickel is better but if you amp doesnt have Nickel then just get gold.

to some people it may all be just crap on paper, but jump into mine and colins world then "real sound" is what matters and you will only get it if u have the right equipment,

by the by chuck a line driver into the equasion and your talking 8v of quality.

Tom

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

So, let me get this rite. the greater the voltage, then the better the signal, and hence the better quality? hmm...and i do electronic engineering...shame on you Hon. Thanks guys, think i will invest in some new RCAs but not overly expensive ones.

Quote: Originally posted by cuptastic on 14 January 2003

to some people it may all be just crap on paper, but jump into mine and colins world then "real sound" is what matters
Yeah i agree, and am from "that world" - i am a die-hard muso myself, and am teaching music tech at the mo. I agree you need a decent cable with sufficient shielding and low interference, but the point was trying to make is that there is a trend amongst people (and me included!) to look at statistics on paper and decide that just because it has a slightly smaller resistance then it must produce a percievable differnce in quality; how many poeple could actually tell the differnce between the two without the figures?

definitely dont neglect your cables, but at the same time dont go to the other end of the scale and become obsessive!

steve,

no harm or anything intended, when i meant our world it was that me and colin are both in the ICE business and probably see the worst case scenarios alot, i.e the novas with crappy cables, even just upgrading the rcas to cheapy ones £14 pound set, u notice incredible difference,

colin, at the moment my cabling plans will be to Run P/G ARV900s straights through, i only need one 5meter and a couple of 1meter extensions as it will be run through the Ti DEQ.

Tom

sorry mate just read my post back, didnt mean it to sound harsh like that! now i get what you mean,ICE business...got ya!so do you sell and fit ICE then? whereabouts?

steve,

we sell and fit all or any ice installs, authorised dealers for BBG, which includes Phoenix gold, JL audio, BBG new stuff, nakamichi, also pioneer, Alpine, kenwood

pretty much anyone really apart from the orrible stuff ( not mentioning any companies to much greif lol)

were based in Essex, borders Hertfordshire, northlondon etc

Tom