ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-fitting rear discs

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Looking for some advice, I've done a lot of searching and I can't find anyone with my problem which usually means I'm doing something stupid. For some context, I'm changing my rear discs and pads to fit the disc spacers which were missing.
I've removed the old disc (massive pain) and fitted the new spacer to the stub axle (flat side out), but I can't get the new disc on far enough to start doing up the hub nut. What's the reccommended way to get the new disc far enough onto the stub axle to do up the hub nut without killing the bearing?

Thanks in advance.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Feels like it's getting stuck on that ridge if that makes sense. The spacer got over it fine with a few light taps with a hammer.
IMG_3462.jpg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting. Presumably the stub being damaged won’t affect anything? But yeah a new stub wouldn’t be a bad plan, had bearing issues for a while looking at the history because some spacker threw away the spacer at some point it seems.
I’m a certified car r****d so anything mechanical I’m never sure what needs force and what doesn’t, but it’s all learning for me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Interesting. Presumably the stub being damaged won’t affect anything? But yeah a new stub wouldn’t be a bad plan, had bearing issues for a while looking at the history because some spacker threw away the spacer at some point it seems.
I’m a certified car r****d so anything mechanical I’m never sure what needs force and what doesn’t, but it’s all learning for me.
Tbh that looks like it could clean up. You’ll just need a few tools.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the advice guys, a bit of light work on the end of the stub before the threads with some emery paper worked, disc then slid right on.
New stub will definitely be a good idea for the future though. Does anyone know if they're the same between the non-sports? There are some new on eBay but they don't list the 2.0 engine as compatible. Here is an example: