ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-installing window 7

clio 182 black /gold
I want remove all the bloatware from my Sony Viao laptop. Is there a way of doing this without a disc?. I dont think that there is a windows disc with the laptop. When i bought the laptop it asked me to back up to disc. Which i did, but it will have all the bloatware on. I hope that this makes sense. Thanks and happy new year.

Can't you go to control 'panel/ Programs/ uninstall a program', then just pick them off the list and uninstall them? My dad has a viao laptop, but had vista with loads of other crap, to get ring I put 7 on and chose to keep nothing so it's all gone now.

Golf GTi Mk2
As an aside from this, i got a sony vaio a few weeks ago and am annoyed at all the bloatware, does the laptop need all the vaio care stuff/updaters or can i uninstall them all with gay abandon and do all the updating myself? Also, as was suggested earlier, can i download a copy of W7 home premium and just use my key or will it be tied to the specific laptop?
Cheers all

mx5 & 172
the laptop doesn't need much at all to function - you won't be able to take anything really important off through the remove programs area

you'll be fine downloading a copy of windows as long as it's exactly the same version

tbh though you're better off removing the crap manually - if you install from a standard windows DVD it won't have drivers for all the various odds n sods that make all your handy volume buttons etc work. so you'll either have to find and install them manually or suffer a laptop where half the buttons dont work.

the laptop doesn't need much at all to function - you won't be able to take anything really important off through the remove programs area

you'll be fine downloading a copy of windows as long as it's exactly the same version

tbh though you're better off removing the crap manually - if you install from a standard windows DVD it won't have drivers for all the various odds n sods that make all your handy volume buttons etc work. so you'll either have to find and install them manually or suffer a laptop where half the buttons dont work.

I've yet to find something that w7 cant install its self. If its not on the disc then it will connect to windows updates and find the driver!

if you are going downloading one then make sure you get the same version for your key.
eg if your windows 7 is windows 7 premuim 34bit then download the same version or else the key wont work.
also there are different keys for 32bit and 64bit