ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re locating battery

172 cup
hey guys and gals im after some advise on re locating my battery to the boot of my car can anyone tell me what the little brown block is on the positive side of the battery and is it essentual to keep it??? and what connection ect did you use

Matty

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
its on the starter cable isn't it?

me and a sparky mate were having this discussion the other day

he thought it might be some sort of thermal 'fuse'?? but that's just a guess lol

172 cup
yeh i asked a lad i know who works at renault n he was just like its some sort of fuse i think so as per usual you cant get any help off them lol what im thinkin of doing is chopping that off then feeding new cable to the back then adding that fuse thing back in because its attached to the terminal :) then hopefully job done :)

Matty

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
hang on a minute

as i said that 'fuse' is on the starter cable, so you dont want to be routing that to the back of the car

all ive done is route a cable from the battery positive in the boot to a terminal (can buy them from demon tweeks) on the passenger strut turret, then connect all wires that need constant live to that, including the starter cable with the brown connector :)