ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reaching behind plastic pane to the SPEEDO?!

One Phat Clio
How?! I need to access the "Service" light, for some ridiculous reason theres some black insulation tape covering the service light. Id does my t1ts in! I know it doesnt need a service due to regular check-ups and it runs fine, but ya'know when its just one of them things? WELL ANOYYING!

How can i remove the tape? I believe removing the dash? Either that or smash the plastic pane that covers the speedo lol <---- i dont wanna do that....:dead:

Cheeeeeers:rasp:

Jap Box
Dash top off, then unhinge the speedo dial, then the plastic screen just clips in and out.

This, very easy job to do.

The question running through my head if I fond this out is why the tape was there though. This was done before you owned the car I would have thought?

One Phat Clio
This, very easy job to do.

The question running through my head if I fond this out is why the tape was there though. This was done before you owned the car I would have thought?

yeah i bought the car but never realised why it had tape here, infact i never spotted the tape it looked disguised! Full HPI clear, been through Renault and is sound, cambelt done the lot pretty much. So i thought, hmmmm i reckon theyve tried to cover the service light, if so i can fix this, it looks so numb and stupid taped there.

So its a easy job thats a relief....Using torx screwdriver i can take of dash remove the pane of plastic carefully remove the silly tape then replace the bits?

Jap Box
yeah i bought the car but never realised why it had tape here, infact i never spotted the tape it looked disguised! Full HPI clear, been through Renault and is sound, cambelt done the lot pretty much. So i thought, hmmmm i reckon theyve tried to cover the service light, if so i can fix this, it looks so numb and stupid taped there.

So its a easy job thats a relief....Using torx screwdriver i can take of dash remove the pane of plastic carefully remove the silly tape then replace the bits?

Yeah, theres 3 screws at the top of the dash, just under windscreen where the heater vents some out, 2 screws either sid of the dash (doors need to be open to get access to them) 2 screws under the steering wheel (quite deep in and can be bit of a pain to find) then unclip the top of the steering wheel surround and put it aside, 2 more screws just under the speedo, pull the A pillars away either side and put them down. Then simply pull the dash top out by moving forward and then rising it up over the wheel.

Theres a good guide on th forum, suggest you become a full member to see it and get access to that, includes pics and everything, its very detailed :) only £10 for membership too.

One Phat Clio
aye, cheers kerry, would be worth investing the membership, i will soon when i get paid :D

Thanks for the walkthrough aswell, ill be tackling that tomora!! hopefully with results!

Jap Box
aye, cheers kerry, would be worth investing the membership, i will soon when i get paid :D

Thanks for the walkthrough aswell, ill be tackling that tomora!! hopefully with results!

No problem, yeah its worth buying :)

Im useless at explaining things like that but I think ive covered it pretty much, its fairly obvious once you figure it out the first time.

One Phat Clio
Removed the silly sticker/tape. Was covering the "SERV" light because its on. Not to worry though i believe its the Airbag light and its common for clios to show this light indication. Cheers for you help people!! :D

Jap Box
Removed the silly sticker/tape. Was covering the "SERV" light because its on. Not to worry though i believe its the Airbag light and its common for clios to show this light indication. Cheers for you help people!! :D

Would have thought thats the reason for it, yeah the airbag will show up either if theyve been deployed before but not had airbag computer reset (unlikely unless your car was knows as a write off etc) or the wires under the drivr and passenger seats are being pricks.

Try moving them around to see if they light turns off, its most likely a loose/broke connection under the seats, took me about 30mins of fiddling around with mine but I fixed it in the end :) if the airbag lights on it also means the airbags won't go off if you crash, just a heads up.