ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Read This Warning!!!

In the Nottingham Evening Post Yesterday 01/01/03 a story was run about new powers given to the police allowing them to seize!!! cars off Crusiers if they are deemed to be causing a disturbance, driving inconsideratly or racing. The release fee is up to £350. This is supposed to try and subdue the numbers of cars racing around the Broadmarsh Centre and meeting in a nearby retail park (this could affect clio meets if these powers are in force across the country.).

JUST BE AWARE.

PAUL

Dont think the Police will touch those Maxed Pd novas, I mean who would want to be seen drving one of those anyway.:p

My biggest worry is who decides what is and what is not Acceptable driving. I tend to go past the broadmarsh to get home late at night if i have been to my parents or sisters as it is the fastest way home. I am not a boy racer but i do have a modded motor. All it takes is a bored copper an i could be losing car.

This "new" law has been in operation in Avon & Somerset for a year and a half. Forty cars have been crushed so far. It was near impossible for me to organise meets in the West when I was rep for there.

Thats well out of order, though i presume the people concerned were hardly being innocent? Still taking it a bit too far!! The police, whatever they say, seem to be out for easy bookings rather than dealing with real crime.

I think the best thing to do to organise a meet/cruise is to write to the local force before, tell them what youll be doing and that youll try to get rid of any tw*ts. That way hopefully things will improve. I think legal cruises have improved so i dont think its much to worry, im not desperate to go to every single one anyway so personally im not bothered.