ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ready to colour code -Advice/tips?

Clio 1.2 Expression
Hi everyone. Ready to colour code my door mouldings today. I have the primer, paint, laquer and sandpaper ready (think its all the right stuff lol - soon find out).
I have had a search and found lots of information but cant find anything from start to finish. Im new to all this so could really use a quick and straight forward guide so I know what im doing lol!

From what ive gathered - sand the mouldings down working my way up the grades?
Apply primer and sand?
Paint and sand?
Laquer and...sand maybe? lol!

& all so its "wet and dry" sandpaper so when do I use it wet and when dry lol?

I much sound like a total idiot lol but I really am new to all this!

Cheers for any help!

You can get away with just leaving a couple of hours between each different type of coat, rather than days though, if your in a rush.

Use lots of light coats, rather than few thick coats, to avoid drip/run lines.

Clio 1.2 Expression
You can get away with just leaving a couple of hours between each different type of coat, rather than days though, if your in a rush.

Use lots of light coats, rather than few thick coats, to avoid drip/run lines.

Well I prepped & primed it all this afternoon, leaving over night now and will get back to it about lunch time tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well!