ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really stiff selecting gears

As above its been abit stiff getting the car in to 1st over the past few weeks but then tonight i'm really having to shove it in to gear rather than it slotting in to gear smoothly.
Tried selecting all gears with the engine off while parked up and all was well and silky smooth but as soon as i started the engine it was back to been stiff and hard at selecting gears.. its more like a flaming tractor box than a car at the minute, any 1 able to maybe shed some light on this cheers

I am guessing no syncro on first.

If tricky, drop it into 2nd, still with foot on clutch to stop the hubs, then across into first.

I guess double declutching passes the youth of today by.

Or could be your gear selectors.

I am guessing no syncro on first.

If tricky, drop it into 2nd, still with foot on clutch to stop the hubs, then across into first.

I guess double declutching passes the youth of today by.

Or could be your gear selectors.
iv been doing this but still having problems even with the car parked up and engine running with the clutch pressed in its stiff but as soon as the engines off its really smooth i only tried this to see if it was any different..

so basically its crap when i'm driving along and crap when im parked up