ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear adjuster

PH2 172
Anyone took there rear adjuster out to make it lower. If so how does the spring sit once you have unbolted it and removed the adjuster, surely the spring wont sit properly.

BMW E36 328
I think he means the ring on the rear coilovers that you wind to make it lower and higher on the platform.

You can take the adjustor rings off but not the actual thing that bolts onto the beam

BMW E36 328
P1010748.jpg

You on about the rings on the adjustor?

PH2 172
yea on about them i hear people take the adjusters of to make it that lil bit more lower heard to unbolt the whole lot and put the old rubber spring bit back on them the spring back on is this correct and safe

e92 330i
yea on about them i hear people take the adjusters of to make it that lil bit more lower heard to unbolt the whole lot and put the old rubber spring bit back on them the spring back on is this correct and safe

Just take the adjusting collar off the thread. Do not unbolt the piece with the thread on, your spring could fall out if you did.

PH2 172
spoke to 1 lad on here who just has the spring sat there on the old rubber mount and said its fine bene like it for a year. :S iv just removed the whole lot and done what he said hope its ok

172 cup, Impreza P1
I had mine removed from my kw's but it was knocking over bumps so I got scared the spring was going to come out on track so put them back in. You could make up clamps to make sure they didn't come out but I didn't.

PH2 172
I may just put the thread collar bit back in without the winder at least it wont go nowhere dnt want it coming out