ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear beam bush bolts/nuts

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve drawn a blank on trying to find a pair of these so I can rebuild the rear axle. kam are on back order and the Febi kits in Ebay are all out of stock. Any help of sourcing them would be appreciated.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve drawn a blank on trying to find a pair of these so I can rebuild the rear axle. kam are on back order and the Febi kits in Ebay are all out of stock. Any help of sourcing them would be appreciated.
F4191A10-7555-4DA0-B5B5-75E15F1B6445.jpeg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Have you still got the old ones?

I have a couple in the back garden at the moment, I can measure them if you need? Normal replacements in 12.9 should be available from most fastener shops inc the ones on eBay.

Rob,

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't taken the beam off yet but after looking on here it appears to be easier to get the beam off buy cutting them and replacing with new to avoid lowering the fuel tank to draw the right one out. I'm not going to remove the bracket attached to the car,just the red bolt and nut which I guess is a nylock type. If you have a couple I'm happy to pay for them and cover your post. Thanks.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I literally did this the other day, you only need to remove two tank bolts, the ones closest to the beam - they were rusty but not tight on my car. The tank will then drop down enough to get the right hand bolt out pretty easily.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Im a slow worker and I had the beam out in less than 45 mins. I left the brackets in the car for the same reasons as you. My beam bolts are clean down their length, only heads that will need a clean up.

Looking at it, you 'may' be able to fit a slightly shorter bolt to the tank side when refitting which 'could' mean future removals are less dramatic.

wtf didn't they just put a dent in the plastic tank when they moulded it! Guess it was the same guy who designed the captive bolt gead clips in top - decided they were perfect and moved on....

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Im a slow worker and I had the beam out in less than 45 mins. I left the brackets in the car for the same reasons as you. My beam bolts are clean down their length, only heads that will need a clean up.

Looking at it, you 'may' be able to fit a slightly shorter bolt to the tank side when refitting which 'could' mean future removals are less dramatic.

wtf didn't they just put a dent in the plastic tank when they moulded it! Guess it was the same guy who designed the captive bolt gead clips in top - decided they were perfect and moved on....
Thanks for your help mate.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
No worries mate, best of luck getting it out!

PS - im less than impressed with the condition of my brake lines, the long one which goes above the axle, one end looks like its been half squashed - perhaps when the rear has been bottomed out at some point and there is a lovely hidden scab.

I've just bought this which I think it great value - will install at the weekend.

Replaces the hard line and the short flexi's between body and axle. (y)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
No worries mate, best of luck getting it out!

PS - im less than impressed with the condition of my brake lines, the long one which goes above the axle, one end looks like its been half squashed - perhaps when the rear has been bottomed out at some point and there is a lovely hidden scab.

I've just bought this which I think it great value - will install at the weekend.

Replaces the hard line and the short flexi's between body and axle. (y)

Yeah that's @BRT Motorsport kit.

Quality kit.

If I hadn't have got the Pro Line kit ages ago, I would have bought that one.