ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear beam mounting

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
While tidying up my sills earlier this year I noticed a bit of corrosion around where the rear beam mounts to the body, is it anything to worry about or will a wire brush and some electrox sort it?

Attachments

• 20191020_162348.jpg
    20191020_162348.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 20191020_162351.jpg
    20191020_162351.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 20191020_162437.jpg
    20191020_162437.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 105
  Clio 172 ph1
@DomP182 did you try to take off the mount?

I need to remove it to fit a PMS rarb, but have been putting it off as I am scared one of the welded bolts will break loose!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182

I need to remove it to fit a PMS rarb, but have been putting it off as I am scared one of the welded bolts will break loose!
Not yet mate, I'm avoiding lying on the ground at the moment but I think it's going to have to happen soon. Might see if I can borrow a garage

Clio 172 ph1
Drop the fueltank, 4 bolts and it drops juuust enough to undo and remove the bolts

I did see this mentioned when I did a search after reading the fitting guide. Although also saw mentioned that the pipe to the filler on the ph1 was particularly easy to break when dropping the tank.... not sure how true this is?

Not yet mate, I'm avoiding lying on the ground at the moment but I think it's going to have to happen soon. Might see if I can borrow a garage

Its the perfect time of year to be lying on a freezing cold wet floor, swearing at bolts and spraying hard to reach places(y)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've read that if you leave rust and corrosion and ignore it over winter it clears up by spring

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Only if you drive over plenty of gritted roads or live near the coast though!

Give it a bit of time and that specific patch will definitely be gone.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.

I had to take my beam off to swap the bushes for polys.. days before I attempted it I wire brushed the bolts and sprayed WD40 on them for 5 days.. I only had problems with 1 nut not coming off, but if you lift the rear bench seat up you can hold the captive boltt with mole grips and get someone to hold it while you work on it underneath.. if you haven't got one then get an impact wrench and they should whizz straight off