ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear brake discs help please

clio 182
took the 30m bolt of do they need a special tool to get the discs off or will they tap off with a hammer?? thanks

Bumder With A Buffer
They just pull off dude... Could tap them if they are stuck just be careful you don't break it though

Golf GTD Mk7
yeah should just tap off, rubber mallet mate. shouldn't need to give it much. keep the spacers though as new discs wont come with them.

Lionel Richie
if they don't pull off, the bearing has welded (rusted) itself to the stub axle, if you need to t**t it off, the bearing will fall apart as you do so, and part of the bearing will be stuck to the stub axle, get the grinder out!

clio 182
been at it giving it some but it has only a bit of play have to keep at it till it comes off.. its drilled and groved noticable on the back or will standard discs do the job???

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I had to really Belt mine with a Lead Hammer to get mine off.

If found 2 or 3 hits from the back of the disc away from the car followed by one massive hit on the face at the bottom of the disc did the trick.

Golf GTD Mk7
been at it giving it some but it has only a bit of play have to keep at it till it comes off.. its drilled and groved noticable on the back or will standard discs do the job???

Stick with standard mate. No point up rating the discs really. You could put better pads on rather than OE, but again it's probably not noticable

bmw e92 330d '09
wouldn't bother drilled and grooved discs on the back tbh.... like above just some new or better pads would be good but it all depends how you drive etc etc