ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake discs??

Which Mk 2 (i assume it doesnt matter either ph 1 or 2) Clio has discs on the rear as standard.

Is it just the 172?

Cheers

Later 1.6's do too (according to a thread I read on here earlier on)

I've also read that it is a mission to go from drums to discs, Giles on here did it & he had no end of problems.

BMW M135i
You'll have problems with the ABS, not the mechanical side of it. The 172 and the Ph3 1.6 16v had rear discs fitted. God know why you'd want to fab an axle when they're easily avaliable.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The ph2 mk2 1.6 16v and top dci both had rear discs added when they changed things like the wheels (15" 172 copies) silver seat belts etc, think ot was 04 - 54 that they changed. Not sure on the mk3's though

You'll have problems with the ABS, not the mechanical side of it. The 172 and the Ph3 1.6 16v had rear discs fitted. God know why you'd want to fab an axle when they're easily avaliable.

We arn't using ABS anyway so that shouldn't be an issue. Have you tryed lifting a beam, they weight as much as a house!! We're making a 8-link rose jointed set-up to use on a rallycar.