ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Diamond Help

clio
I want to spray my rear renault diamond and have read a few threads on here. Some say it can just pop off, others say take rear plastic off and undo bolts. I took the rear plastic off but theres so much stuff around I'm not sure whether to just undo the bolts and some how push it through or if to attempt pulling the diamond off separately like on the front. I haven't found any tutorials on this so if anyone can post step by step or pictures/guide would be much appreciated! Thankyou for reading

WRX
Presume you're talking about the big plastic cover that's held on with one torx screw and then clipped in. You then need to remove the 3 10mm nuts and push through. Then you can either mask around the diamond or cut out the plastic welding on the four lugs holding the diamond in place.

BG 182 FF
I think the picture has uploaded with this if not i will upload it via photobucket, but take the plastic trim from in your boot off, held on by clips and 1 torx screw on the right side iirc, then you will see these the are the three nuts take them off then you should be about to take it off then get the diamond out. I haven't removed the diamond just took the lot off when my boot would not lock. hope that helps

Attachments

• Photo027.jpg
    Photo027.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 50

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Mate it is honestly so easy.

Just undo the screw on the inside of the boot by the interior handle recess,
pull hard on the plastic cover on the inside and it will just pop off,
then undo the 3 nuts holding on the rear diamond section,
then pull it off from the outside.....done!

I've recently sprayed my rear diamond and I had no clue how to take it off,
once I exposed the boot mechanism, it became obvious how it cam apart.

Don't be scared, just follow the steps above and you'll be done within 5 minutes. :D

BG 182 FF
unplug it yeah cos then the wires dont get in your way but the actual boot handle after you have unscrewed these you will able pop off, it aint difficult to get off, becomes clear as you do it.
+1 to davedreads

It will be more difficult to spray it which is easy. Would be 1 spanner in the haynes book

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I even removed the boot lock as I wanted to colour code the button,
pretty simple really, an afternoons work i'm quite proud of.

RearDiamondlowres.jpg

clio
Cheers everyone for the replies! Quick pop to halfords for some paint in the morning and will get on with it tomorrow! :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure you buy plastic primer though, I bought normal primer and it worked but plastic primer will do a better job.

Have you sprayed stuff before?

clio
okay will do cheers, I haven't done much spray tbh, I spray the front diamond and that turned out okay but only in black, think I'm gonna buy some anthracite paint for both diamonds unless you know of any colour that may look better? :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
The colour I used on my diamonds and bullets was Rover Stone grey,
it's the closest match for Renault Anthracite.

What colour is your car?

Clio 1.2 shed :)
quick question, do you need to sand the diamonds down at all? sounds silly but havent done the diamonds before :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I want to colour code the boot lock as well, Is there anyway to open the boot from the inside so I can still use it while the paint dries?

Yes, the boot lock just pushes and pulls a metal rod,
so if you climb into the back you can push or pull it yourself. (can't remember which one opens)

If you have a spare day or afternoon, you can get all the spraying and lacquering done and refit it same day,
you just have to be very careful of the lacquer when putting it back in as it'll still be soft.

Also you don't need to key (sand) the button before painting as it's already a rough surface to begin with.

quick question, do you need to sand the diamonds down at all? sounds silly but havent done the diamonds before :)

All surfaces will need keying (roughing up) before any painting.

Just don't sand the individual layers of primer and paint, (even though you're meant to)
I did my first badge 3 times because even the lightest wet sanding wore through to the primer or plastic,
the 3rd time I didn't wet sand back any of the layers and it worked perfect,
so I did the rest like that and all is still well.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 shed :)
Ahhhh so smoother surfaces like bullets and badges you need to key and rougher you dont like bumps trips for example? Sorry for the silly questions I'm new to this as you can tell :p

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Bumps trips? :S

I take it you mean bump strips lol,
anything with a smooth surface will need keying mate, it helps the primer stick.