ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear disc conversion (old nag, new situ)

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Before you say it, yes this topic has been raised, answered and flogged to death by non sport drivers going for those 1*2 reps. And, no, I don't want to just buy a better car and, yes, I know the rear brakes do very little.

But my situation is slightly different. The drums on the 1.6 I just bought are running 9% effective, grinding and fixed to the beam by (unbelievable amounts of) rust. I do however have a phase 1 172 that is almost completely scrap worthy. The brake set up on the 172 is all fine except for the discs. I plan to straight swap the rear beam and brakes and then also the front calipers. The problem Im having is the master cylinder and the handbrake. I haven't had enough time to check how the set up connects on the 1.6 but would the master need to be replaced? and what about the ABS module?