ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear discs warped

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Think my rear disks may be warped, there getting on and I have a vibration now. Couple of questions:

how hard is the job of replacing them
do they have the bearing pressed into them and do they come like this
how much would I expect to pay for a set.

Cheers

R35 GTR
If you have access to a hydraulic press then you can do it yourself, the only hard bit is removing the bearing.

Or you can buy a set for about 150 with bearings and the abs ring already fitted. I could probably fit these in about half hour now and I am no expert!

Lots of Alfas
Your old bearings will be destroyed getting them out if your re-using the old ones. You have 2 options, buy the whole kit from Renault(£170) or GSF (£150), all ready assembled with bearings and abs rings. Or buy cheap discs and bearings and pay a garage a fiver to press them in, then re-use your old rings.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Where are you feeling the vibration ? Through your steering wheel , from your rear discs ?? :S I'd check the condition of the discs first before comong to the assumption they are knackered because of some vibration .

Rear discs usually last a long time . Minimum thickness is 7mm .

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Where are you feeling the vibration ? Through your steering wheel , from your rear discs ?? :S I'd check the condition of the discs first before comong to the assumption they are knackered because of some vibration .

Rear discs usually last a long time . Minimum thickness is 7mm .

Its a vibration on the back of the car, its done nearly 100k on them, they look half dead and it wouldn't suprise me if this was the issue.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Think you can pick them up for around £60 for the 2 discs with bearings. Not original reno parts but doesnt really mater on the back. Ebay had alot of choice too