ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear discs

Clio 172
hello guys i have tryed to replace my discs and pads and iv done what i am suppose to but i can not get the disc of? i dont know what to do i have tryed smacking it with a hammer but no luck does any 1 know what to suggest thanks guys!

TVR Cerbera
hello guys i have tryed to replace my discs and pads and iv done what i am suppose to but i can not get the disc of? i dont know what to do i have tryed smacking it with a hammer but no luck does any 1 know what to suggest thanks guys!

you do know that the disc is part of the hub/bearing assembly and that you have to take the hub nut off

Daz

TVR Cerbera
bigger hammer, then.
or hub puller
and brute force
you will probably break the bearing up to get it off, then you'll have the fun of getting what's left of the bearing off the stub axle. heat is a good move, with a cold chisel.

daz

Clio 172
cheers fred, just to find out if iam doing it right i have taken the wheel of and then taken the 2 bolts from the caliper out and removed the caliper and pads and then i have removed the 30 mm nut, i did notice there were 2 bolts at the back of the disc facing the car but everywhere i have read up about removing the rear discs doesnt mention anything about removing them or am i just being stupid lol ! cheers