ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear exhaust monut 2003 ff 172???

Flame Red 172
The rear exhaust mount has given up the ghost, is there a way of modifying/uprating these or is it time to go to renault and get a new one? cheers Jonny

Chocolate Bar™
you can go to renault and buy a new one, but unless you've got a standard exhaust i wouldnt bother.

on mine, i cut the 'X' at the bottom of the mount out, and inserted a universal mount which i got from halfords. think it cost about £2 and has lasted far longer than the renault one, whilst still being made of rubber so allows a bit of movement.

otherwise you can cut up pieces of hosepipe and insert them into the gaps on the renault mount which helps to firm it up :)

Flame Red 172
Thanks for that, ive just got a new one from renault today, when i get the old one off im goin to modify it, Jonny

titanic killer
My mates got good rear mounts on his clio,instead of the renault square mount with x rubber,when his exhaust was changed they took the square mount off and replaced it with 2 rubber mounts that are attached to his car and looks and feels very solid imo