ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear exhaust mount rubber.. can you replace it???

Monaco 172
hi the rubber in my rear exhaust mount has worn away :( i bought a replacement one but im having real problems changing it, the bolts that hold it on are really rusty and i tryed to loosen them but instead of undoing the nut on the other side has come unstuck and are just spinning now and the only way i can get them off is to probley grind them off :(, can you buy just the rubber bit seperatly and put that in instead of replacing the whole mount???

thanks

I don't think you can, as the rubber would just keep sliding out of the mount if you think about it...

No you can't.
If you can't get it off either pack it with pipe cable tied in or some body else has filled it up with some sort of sealant/glue (can't remember what it's called)

No you can't.
If you can't get it off either pack it with pipe cable tied in or some body else has filled it up with some sort of sealant/glue (can't remember what it's called)
This. Sockets or pipe work best. A new mount will only sag again within months.