ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear knowcking noise

hi ive been reading and it sounds as if its a common fault. it seems that when ever i go round a bend there is knocking noise coming from the rear sounds as if its in the boot lol. sounds weird. does any one know what it is and how i go about fixing it as its annoying lol:S

Arctic Blue Clio 182
i hear the boot catch can start rattling after a while. Also could be a loose rear strut or exhaust mount broken. Try lookin at them.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Could be the foam canisters were the spare wheel should go! Check to see if they are loose mate! I had this.. :)

yeh i also did that this morn lol. i dont tink ists suspension, but got garage oppo my work so one there is taking out 4 a spin. i bet the noise dont happen when he drives it lol always the case.

would that make a knock if they aint tightened properly? had wheels taken off yesterday due to new tyres and swapping front to rear. its been since then really ive noticed last nite and 2day?

car has been checked by the garage up on the ramp and test drive couldnt really find anything, all bushes etc are fine. he took the tyre repair thing out as he may think its that so what i will do is take out my car for the weekend and see if it still does know then if it does the garage says it will have to have another look into. so fingers crossed its nothing by the looks of it..

cliott said:
would that make a knock if they aint tightened properly? had wheels taken off yesterday due to new tyres and swapping front to rear. its been since then really ive noticed last nite and 2day?
Yep most likely wheel nuts, they are prown on Clios to come loose if there not torqued up.

HBB

GLC63s & A35
Sorry to not be of much help but I had a 'worrying' knocking noise from the boot area early. After carful investigation, which involved me looking under the car at my exhaust in my suit, I realised it was a sodding apple in the boot!