ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Projection TV's

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Does anyone have one?

We're back off to Uni for final year. In need of a cheap TV - Seen a rear Projection Sony for 80 Quid.

Good or avoid?

I had one about 4 years ago when cash was tight (42")

Was ok, wasn't massive (Same depth as a normal stand)
Quality wasn't great though.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a brand new 50" Sony rear projection tv a couple of years ago for around £800. The depth of the rear projection is nowhere near as big as they used to be and it was much lighter than the 32" rear projection tv it replaced.

i've got a 50" one. f**king old, but still living so hasn't been replaced yet.

Just get an LCD tbh, not much these days.

3 Series touring
picture is w**k really, unless you have an "auto adjusting" one, im which case, the auto adjust lines etc will make you want to die because they pop up every 5 BLOODY MINUTES!!!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I bought a brand new 50" Sony rear projection tv a couple of years ago for around £800. The depth of the rear projection is nowhere near as big as they used to be and it was much lighter than the 32" rear projection tv it replaced.
I have a Sony Bravia 50" RP TV although is replacement has been sat in my mums for 5 months or so lol

Octy VRS
They aren't great picture quality due to the size. You'd be better off getting a last of line Sony CRT 32" for a cheap telly. Excellent picture compared although they weigh as much as a Chieftan tank. Unless you specifically want a big screen.