ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Seat Button thingys

Clio V6 255

Anyone know a good way of stopping people getting into the boot via the back seats? only I had an expensive sub knicked via. this method in my Saxo, so when I get some more stuff I dont want it to happen again. Is there a way of disconnecting the seat open button things?

Theres no easy way of doing this unfortunately in a hatch like the Clio. You could bolt the seats up against the side panel so they dont fold back but the thief would just lift the parcel shelf to get into the boot, and due to ther flimsiness of this theres no way of securing it fully.

Clio V6 255

The parcel shelf if im correct cannot be removed if the seats are in normal position and the boot is closed? Other than that, how can you secure a CD changer so it cant be stolen!! any1 got any ideas? I was going to make a welded steel case and put the changer inside, screw the changer in, and deface the screws to stop them being unscrewed. (can easily drill them out for removal then).

Clio V6 255

thats a good idea. Is it that film that you put on the windows? and if so, where can i get it and how much does it cost? The other thing I noticed while having to put in a new window after someone smashed it is that on the new clio there is some sort of protective plate around the door lock to stop people jamming a screwdriver in, still, didnt stop one guy having a go, but he obviously failed and went for the window instead. It also looks like a cable rather than a bar system for opening the doors?

Think of how much your gonna be spending on your security here!! A LOT!

I think you need to weigh up whether its worth it for the cost of a CD changer!?!

Bottom line if someone breaks in to try and steal something from your boot and cant - there gonna be pissed and will probably cause no end of damage to the rest of your car (happened to someone i know!)! Cos their nice people like that!
Then how much will it cost to get that damage fixed??

Perhaps the money would be better spent insuring the stereo??

I am thinkig about the security glass, means they cant get in through the window and wont leave a mess. ClioSport members get a 15%discount from Pentagon. Think there is sometimes a link on the main page.

Oh, you can by the film or you can get them "dipped". Jas recently had his done if I remember right. Hell know a bit more about them.

You can still yank the parcel shelf up from the inside even if the boots closed and the seats are up, I just tried it and it can be done. Its not easy but someone whos already gone to the effort of breaking into your car is gonna overcome a cardboard shelf which just sits on at one side and clips in at the other no problem! Best thing to do is have perimetric and volumetric alarms for total peace of mind. Or hide your ICE so theres no point in breaking in. If they assume its factory standard ICE equipment and the cars immobilised they wont touch it and will move onto a Nova (the easiest car ever to break into!)

Lionel Richie

The kind of people that break into cars, dont care what damage they cause, they rip, smash, hack or whatever else it takes to get into your boot. Buy a CAT1 alarm with a tilt sensor, or you could superglue drawing pins to the seat push buttons!!!!!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Guys who actually uses a key nowa days with all the remote central locking added to new cars, so delocking your car would be a good idea.

Clio V6 255

problem with delocking is they have a habit of stabbing their screwdriver in the middle of your door! of course, being the fish-minded t***s that they are, they dont realise new cars dont possess locking bars but use cables hidden away. (check inside the door of the clio, its a work of art!!)

u could use self drilling security screws for ya changer. otherwise get a good alarm fitted, i had my stuff knicked out my old car the same way. so ever since all my cars have had a decent alarm system, never had problems since.

Clio V6 255

my Saxo had an alarm when the stuff was nicked, ve got a Toad Ai606 on the Clio, but even that had its window smashed but there was nothing to take!. As far as Bristol goes (car crime capital of the UK) it doesnt mean jack if youve got an alarm!.

Here ya go Zyder:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_232000/232777.stm

URL]

Thatll stop em!

Hehe, i remeber seeing this on tomorrows world or top gear once. It look to be a very sucessful anti theft/car jacking device.