ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear seatbelts removed - Airbag light on

Completely stripped the rear yesterday. But now my airbag and serv light are one.

Its got to be due to me unplugging the rear seat belt pretensioners from the rear?

Any ideas how to fix so the light doesnt come on.

Thanks

(Have tried a search)

Clio 182 cup'd
I dont know if it has any in the back, but if it does it would explain the fault. Otherwise I'd checking the plugs underneath the front seats.

Rear seatbelt pretensioners????

Are you sure about that?

Pretty sure yeh. You know the rear pillar next to the parcel shelf, taken the belt completely out of there, unplugged it, and then start engine today, and light is on.

Not messed with front seats, so its something ive unplugged in the rear.

172 Race Car
Never knew that. Not heard of anyone else having the problem when they strip Clio's

Is it only on Phase 2's?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Yep 3.3 ohm will fix it mate, problem is the code is up now so you will need a Renault Clip sytem to clear it, All 172 Ph2's i've worked on come with pre-tens in the rear, The first 172 cups come with pre-tens in the rear but the later ones i've worked on dont come with them, strange but hey thats renault lol

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
taking the fuse out of the airbag plug and the car wont start,

will ca car fail its MOT with the service light and airbag light on?????

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Won't fail it's mot, mine was fine. I've always been told that if you unplug the airbags and the light comes on you have to get the clip cleared. But all the cars I've worked on, haven't needed this.

Megane 225
Yep 3.3 ohm will fix it mate, problem is the code is up now so you will need a Renault Clip sytem to clear it, All 172 Ph2's i've worked on come with pre-tens in the rear, The first 172 cups come with pre-tens in the rear but the later ones i've worked on dont come with them, strange but hey thats renault lol

Code will go when you plug everything back in again! Mine did the same thing when she was stripped to have the 1/4 panel fixed!

Golf GTD Mk7

Never needed clip with mine front pre-tensioners james, once resistors in place it cleared the fault. Presume the back would be the same Ben

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Resistors arrived. Just plugged either end of the resistor into the plug, as i didnt fancy cutting wires, just incase i need to put my rear belts etc back in. Taped them into place with strong duck tape.

No lights on dash :)

Done!

Thanks guys :)

Did you end up using 3.3 ohm resistors?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Resistors arrived. Just plugged either end of the resistor into the plug, as i didnt fancy cutting wires, just incase i need to put my rear belts etc back in. Taped them into place with strong duck tape.

No lights on dash :)

Done!

Thanks guys :)

any pics? need some info on this as i need to take my rear seatbelts out.

resistor1_2w.jpg

No pics, could get some at the weekend though. But the above is what i used, all you do is bend the metal bits either end, and plug them into the White plug that you remove from the belt. Tape them in = done :)
http://shop.rabtron.co.za/catalog/images/resistor1_2w.jpg

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
its ok ive got some resistors left over from when i did the front seats but have taken any of the belts out yet.

if you can get a pic of what you;ve done and how to remove the belts that would be sound. also what about the middle belt that hangs above in the roof?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
brilliant cheers! what have you done with the seat belt that hangs in the roof that pulls down?

From what i can remember the seatbelt is attached in 2 places, on the roof, and on the rear passenger side, i just undid the bolts and the plastic cover at the top, unhooked it and it came out :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
do you have to remove any rear panels to unbolt it? from memory i cant think of anyone where to take it out?