ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Shocks - 182

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Hi,

My rear shocks have had it, one is leaking out oil and the other one looks 'damp', so i'm think thats on its way out too.

Does anyone have a part number for the rear shocks on a 182, and any idea on costings? Where is the best place to go cos no doubt Renault will charge me stupid amounts.

Thanks all, Tys.

14' Leon Cupra 280
I've just got two this week at £45 each from Renault. Fitted them this morning and is easy to do when the bottom bolt finally gives in to a bit of strength :)

I think mine had been dodgy for a while as on a test drive over some bad areas of town the difference was night and day. Still should last longer than 36k tho :(

one of my shocks has started leakin, £45+vat fae reno, car only just done 14,000 miles:S , think they shoulod be lastin longer than that.......

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^^ Yea they should mate... I'm on 45k and its the 1st instance of any trouble with mine, so i'm not too fused. I could have done without it however seen as i'm getting a new car next week!!! Grrr...

So WH173, easy to fit then? Going to change the rear springs too...

Tys.

14' Leon Cupra 280
Yeh really is simple, just two bolts, the ones in the boot itself and the 1s holding the shock at the bottom. Both the bottom ones were solid though so WD40 and bit of power needed. Once out i put the new 1 through the hole in the boot, put the stopper and nut on to hold it, then used the jack to slowly get the new shock with bolt to line up with the hole...Tighten both up and your done!

Springs i'm not too sure about, but will be loads of threads guides on here. Fubar might have done a guide for them.

RB 182
I got quoted £48 plus vat for my 17poo, im a techy too so should be trade to me. Im gonna ring them again tomorrow and see if ive been quoted right! One thing i do know is they're a Renault only part, trust me i need 4 so ive searched!

If you've got the bottom bolt out for the shocker the spring will fall out!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Im thinking I may need to replace my two rear shocks too. Is there a difference between the Cup pack shocks and normal shocks ? or is it the springs that are different ?

Renaultsport 220T
Koni adjustables ftw.

Mark Fish has some special one being developed, for both fast road and track.
;)

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
RIght, I'm wondering if mine need doing. It was just MOT'd and it passed, so they can't be leaking, but the back end doesn't feel planted at all. I've changed the tyres from Nankang ditchfinders to Toyo Proxes T1R's, but it still feels skittery. I've done the bounce test, and they settle after one bounce, with just the tinyest little bob at the top... Is this just how the 172 handles? Just want to get it right... :(