ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear speakers- a question

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

am i right in thinking that rear speakers mess up the sound when it comes to sq?

how can i make my rears sound a bit more in tune with the rest

im considering removing them and replaing them with mid bass drivers as when they are on it sounds rubbish.

this sounds really amateur dosent it?

Hi Tom

Yes it is true that rear speakers unless configured properly will affect the soundstage. Ideally when listening to a track you want to think it is coming from the front of the car like a live concert. Some people ditch the rear speakers altogether but most either amp up the original speakers or if they are crap paper things then just use some cheap coaxials or components and fade the stereo to the front until it sounds right.

Hope that helps you.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

cheers thats what i have done

i may chuck the rears totally

oh and midbass drivers wont do the job either unless you have enough mid upfront to compensate for it. If its SQ youre after then try putting 6.5" midbass drivers in the Kickwells or door builds with your front components. Something like the Digital Designs W6.5 will be just fine.

Russ

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

as evil ice said, I just use the fader to bring in a little rear fill.. but that is all my rears do.. if your gonna spend money on speakers get the front ones upgraded.

i jst chucked the rears 1s tottaly got a nice sub and amp for the bass and brought a pnice pair of 13cm infinity speakers, put a high pass filter on them so they dnt distort and there u go. nxt stage is amping them ne ideas on wat amp?

With infinities its better not to go mad on a high powered amp as they wont take it due to there SQ nature. That depends on which ones you have got of course. Go for an amp that will put out between 50 and 80watts RMS and that will sound quite nice.

Russ

Im gonna stick a set of Kenwood KFC-PSR51P in the front of my Clio, but am unsure on what to do with the rear, whether to get a not so expensive set, or whether not to bother, is the absence of the rear speaker really gonna give a better sound than there being rear speakers???

Any suggestions on what speakers to stick in the rear???

If the standard rears are half decent and not made out of paper then just amp those up and they will do the job just fine. At the end of the day they are only for a bit of rear fill to give a bit of surround sound to tracks.

It depends what you prefer to be honest. Some people prefer the sound of nothing in the rear and some like something there. Listen to your system without any speakers and see if you like it..if not, try it the other way.

Russ