ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear speakers!?

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
Hi guys
I won an auction the other day for a 182 parcel shelf pre-fitted with some Infinity 6x9s as I felt when I faded the stereo to the rear it was a bit lacking.

Well, I know why now...
I didn't have any rear speakers!

I opened up the 2 compartments but all I found was some carpet like what covers the boot.

The problem is, I can't see any wires to connect my speakers to, I was expecting to snip the wires from the existing speakers and swap to the new ones.

Upon looking under the carpet I found this lot...
lalaoaack.jpg

I take it this would be used for a sub, but I dont really want one,
how do I get my 6x9s wired up?

Evo 8 MR
Previous owner has had an amplifier in there and not bothered to remove the wiring before sale.

If you want to use the 6x9's an amplifier is your only option by the sound of things.

You don't need a sub btw as long as the 6x9's you have are 3 way, they can push out a respectful amount of bass if setup properly.

All providing you aren't interested in pumping out the tunez at MaccyD's of course.

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
Why is an amplifier the only option?
It is using the bog standard head unit,
in my last 2 cars I would just switch the cables, put spades on them and that was that,
how could I essentially rewire the back speakers?

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
Well for £29 it would be good to have ANY rear speakers, an amp is unnecessary for my needs. Thanks anyway guys for the help.

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
Ok been having a look at things,
here is a picture from the back of the headunit...
palhcaack.jpg

I dont know which wires I need to work from, if I'm honest. I can't even see where those cables in the boot wire into the headunit.

Does anyone remember where the original rears are in regards to that picture
and also, which side of the car do the leads for original rear speakers run along?

I have leads going along both sides but I dont know which colours to be looking for, for the standard wiring.

low and smooth 1.poo
the wires from the boot wont go into the standard OEM headunit, thats why it is best to buy an aftermarket one.. the rear speakers could me the spade connectors to the left of the photo. meaning you will have to run wires down each side of the car and up into the speakers. If you get an aftermarket headunit, and wire in the wiring kit that already goes to the boot. all you need is an amp, and you are away. no need to worry about running any wires.

check ebay for cheap amps. doesnt have to be something great tbh as long as it does the job

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
Ok I managed to get an amp from a friend.
wired it up to the power lead, ground lead and remote lead in the boot,
only problem is the remote lead isnt wired to the headunit anymore after tracing it back.

where do I need to join it at the headunit to get my amp to switch on?
cheers

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
You can't wire an amp into the standard HU. I'd just run speaker wire from the back of the HU under the carpet and into the boot. No need for an amp

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
I give up, not gonna bother getting another head unit as I would the need adaptors for the stalk.. thanks for the help guys guess Ill have to forget the amp and figure out the cables.

PH1 172 Sport
You can get amps that work off the original speaker outputs BUT you'll still have to find the original wires!

I highly doubt the wires have been taken out. Remove the rear speaker grills and put your hand in the hole where the speaker should be and have a root around. The wires will be in there somewhere.

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
They cables are completely gone I had the panels off and everything. Do the original speaker wires run along the door sills normally? I just need someone totell me where to wire up to on the head unit really, I don't want to bugger anything up so I'd rather not experiment :)

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
ok so the speaker wire is normally purple from the head unit I notice
I then noticed speaker wire coming out of a plastic clip halfway down the length of the seatbelt on each door?

but these wires then go down to the level of the door sill, and seem to go into a big wrap of wire which is covered in black tape. just gonna splice in from the headunit tommorow.
so if anyone knows if the wire by the seatbelts is what I need to hook up to, let me know.

PH1 172 Sport
Theres a thread on here somewhere stating the colours of each wire from the headunit. Might be worth a search.

Peugeot 306 D Turbo
cheers, it kind of doesnt get resolved there either..in regards to the wires near the seatbelt.
will splice at back of headunit, thanks

Skoda Fabia vRS
Hi guys
I won an auction the other day for a 182 parcel shelf pre-fitted with some Infinity 6x9s as I felt when I faded the stereo to the rear it was a bit lacking.

Well, I know why now...
I didn't have any rear speakers!

I opened up the 2 compartments but all I found was some carpet like what covers the boot.

i realise this is of no help, but PMSL :)

it should be fairly easy to wire in from the OE headunit connector block, basically one block does power, and the other does the audio to the speakers, does one have all 8 connectors wired up ?