ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear springs

Megane 225
Ive fitted a set of Ktec coilovers to my clio and found that when I jack up the rear of the car the springs just fall out. The rear adjustment platforms are currently set to the lowest setting. Is this normal or is there any way of stopping this happening without changing the ride height?

Cheers for looking

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just think the next time you go over a hump backed bridge ;)

Megane 225
Yeah the dampers are as tight as I can get them. It seems as though the dampers are too long and when jacked up there is more than enough room for me to just remove the springs without having to use any force at all.

Da

Less
When I jack mine up the rear beam doesn't drop anywhere near enough for the springs to fall out, unless I unhook the damper too.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i know of someone who had this problem, incorrect dampers, spring actualy fell out, luckily he wasnt going to quick

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
i know of someone who had this problem, incorrect dampers, spring actualy fell out, luckily he wasnt going to quick

Going quick wouldnt make any difference? Unless he was flying?

The K-tec springs are fairly large uncompressed so this is kinda strange, I have the same kit but with different rear springs and mine are fine but on the limit.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
so round a corner at 70mph spring falls out or 2 mph round a corner and spring falls out, i know which i would be choosing

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
so round a corner at 70mph spring falls out or 2 mph round a corner and spring falls out, i know which i would be choosing

I dont understand? They wont fall out unless you fly over a jump or jack the car up, I ran without rear platforms for a month and had no issues at various speeds around various corners, I did however put them back in after I realised my rear shocks were constantly on the bumpstops lol :cool: