ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Strut Brace

Range Rover Sport
Just a quick question to people who have or have had a rear strut brace.

I'm doubting you can feel much if any difference having one fitted, but I have been wrong before.

Other than looks will it aid track performance or are they more of a gimmick? Do the rear suspension move than much to warrant one?

I think I seen some on the net ranging from £30 - £80.00, so not that expensive and will look nice in a 'stripped' rear Clio.

Main thing, are there any negatives having one fitted?

182 FF
The majority say they don't do anything, but I had one fitted on my old 172 cup and I reckon they do make a small difference, but this may of been a placebo effect. I would say a proper welded in bar between the rear arches would be of more effect.

Downsides are you lose a bit of boot space!

Cup In bits
Buy a RARB it will actually do something to suspension geometry.

There is nothing to be gained by a rear brace unless you plan on crashing your car and want the strut tops to hold up a little better.