ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear toe setting

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
This was my last alignment last August I seem to have lost caster since doing the PMS arm plates and black series polybushing?
What castor should cup arms run?

20190820_191518.jpg

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
These are my current settings.. I believe the caster on a cup setup is normally around 3 degrees, which is what mine was until i fitted RC kit and pms plates.. So i also lost a degree of caster.. Since the last time i was out i have added 15mins of camber and 2 mins of toe out and also done Epas conversion with BRT quick rack. Im yet to try out this new setup..
4fdef6953c47dbc50fccb7b7d5086702.jpg

Previous setup

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
35425edf8a04efd5031ad1011e76278c.jpg

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I've taken the back axle off this afternoon, what a s**t job! Took me longer to get the 6 caged bolts that hold it all the the chassis than to fully strip it down and cut off the spring hangers! Its off now though so happy day. Blasting it tomorrow ready for welding gussets

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Once it's all back on and I've got fresh rear suspension I'll need to get rear alignment checked to get some shims. What the deal with rear camber money on 1.5° now do I need .5 or maybe 1° more?

Personal opinion?

I want mine to rotate a bit more on the rear, not too much though. Im thinking 2 and a tad less toe, leave the rear springs and no arb

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It could have been like it from new, they will be welded together in a jig and if the guy making it isnt on the ball he may not line it up perfectly pre welding. Then theres the welding itself which can pull things out of shape with the heat.

I'm removing my axle today for refurb I'll get some pictures on my thread
It's 32 minutes off from perfectly straight basically.

Imagine 60 minutes being 1 degree, so yours is basically half a degree off.

That equates to about 3mm on a 15-16" wheel.
As said above. 2 x 30min shims will solve the existing issue.. But if you're gonna be refurbishing your rear beam then id just wait till you're all done there then get it rechecked.. New bushes, new nuts and bolts will knock everything out again..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Thanks for all the help guys, I'm glad its not a million miles out which is what I was worried about. Then again 3mm in my world is a vast void.
I've taken the back axle off this afternoon, what a s**t job! Took me longer to get the 6 caged bolts that hold it all the the chassis than to fully strip it down and cut off the spring hangers! Its off now though so happy day. Blasting it tomorrow ready for welding gussets
I've read a lot that its a PIA job to get off. I've been following your thread build so any tips, chuck them in please ;)

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Hi folks really need some advice hopefully I can get some useful advice for what can I do with the rear toe setting figures.🙏🏻🙏🏻
Recently I have replaced new poly rear beam bushes and added PMS -1'c camber shims on by my mechanic. After that I took it to do geometry set up so I suspect that the rear camber now r seems too much for fast road use? And The toe is unparalleled which I was expecting it should b around 5mins toe in after the camber shims fitted n the funny thing is the geometry place wouldn't adjust the rear for me...🤷🏻‍♂️
So any opinions r welcome, really appreciate it !!

Cheers
Joe
20210301_134932.jpg

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
A 20' min shim on the left would bring the toe back in to 0°13'.

About as even as you'll get.
Thx for ur input mate! Am not an expert on geometry stuff so would you mind to explain abit more detail please
1) after fitted PMS shims the rear camber now is -2.5' r they too much for fast road?
2) as mentioned it got shims already so u mean just adjust the exiting shim angle from 1'c down to 20mins that would bring it to 0.13'?🤷🏻‍♂️😅
Excuse me for the silly questions 🙇🏻‍♂️

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Thx for ur input mate! Am not an expert on geometry stuff so would you mind to explain abit more detail please
1) after fitted PMS shims the rear camber now is -2.5' r they too much for fast road?
2) as mentioned it got shims already so u mean just adjust the exiting shim angle from 1'c down to 20mins that would bring it to 0.13'?🤷🏻‍♂️😅
Excuse me for the silly questions 🙇🏻‍♂️

No the camber is fine.

You'd leave the existing shims in, but add an extra 20 minute shim on the left side to bring the toe back in.