ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rebuild on a 1.4 energy

Hi there guys. I am 16 years of age and i love mechanical things i am at college learning the motor trade.I have bought a 1.4 renault 19 energy engine.I am going to completely strip and rebuild the engine changing all gaskets.and i will be putting the engine into a Renault Clio.This is for my first car.If you can give any advice and guidance for this job. please email me at- oliverperkins@gmail.com

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yay I'm not the youngest anymore xD

Hey matey, as said go to the Clio projects section and make a thread to keep us updated :)

Black Clio GT
if its an r19 engine you will need an upper clio engine mount as the 19 engines mount differently. rebuilts are piss easy on energy engines just follow haynes manual for guidence and take your time undoing bolts as 90% of them will be seized, might be worth investing in some decent sockets/spanners if you havnt already.

Not sure about the wiring/ECU issues - I guess they could well be different! Probably have to swap the ECU into the clio if nothing else and, in a worst case, transfer the whole loom over.

I'm not sure if you'll have any trouble with the speedo - do both models read in the same way off the gearbox?

Good choice of engine to rebuild though, they seem to be pretty bombproof. One in the ex's R19 was still going strong on 175k :)

thanks guys for the post you have made me very welcome.I have just bought a MG midget for a hole rebuild because i thought that there was going to be to many problems with engine build, but with all your feedback i have carried on with the project.

thanks

Nothing's unachievable - it just takes more time and more swearing ;) LoL

re: the DVLA paperwork, I think you can just ring them up and they'll advise you what to do :)

If you're doing the work yourself, it should just be parts costs :)

Ebay or retrorenault may have stuff for sale?

German Swedish and French (GSF) are also great for cheaper new renault parts.