ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Pole Position ABE vs Cobra Nogaro?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Wanting some fixed buckets specifically for my road car to be used with a 3 point belt.
Anybody have experience of either the above seats or even better both seats?

6040B5A6-899C-44D8-B8B8-1D7B809B53E3.jpeg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Recaro Pole Positions are THE most comfortable bucket seat I’ve ever sat in mate. Did the journey over to the Nurburgring in mine loads of times and always arrived at both ends of the journey feeling fine.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Recaro Pole Positions are THE most comfortable bucket seat I’ve ever sat in mate. Did the journey over to the Nurburgring in mine loads of times and always arrived at both ends of the journey feeling fine.

My initial thoughts were straight to the PPs. However the. Nogaros have lower sides and designed specifically to allow the belt receiver to sit slightly above the side rail exactly as BMW did with the CSL seats.

I know the ABEs are cut wider to allow the belt receiver to sit inside, however I’ve heard that this still isn’t ideal as it pokes you in the hip every time you enter the seat.

That’s what is causing me to investigate the Nogaro.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
My initial thoughts were straight to the PPs. However the. Nogaros have lower sides and designed specifically to allow the belt receiver to sit slightly above the side rail exactly as BMW did with the CSL seats.

I know the ABEs are cut wider to allow the belt receiver to sit inside, however I’ve heard that this still isn’t ideal as it pokes you in the hip every time you enter the seat.

That’s what is causing me to investigate the Nogaro.
I’m only a slim chap, so it possibly wouldn’t be an issue for me I suppose. Comfort always wins for me though! Lol!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes Pole Positions are awesome seats - I have them in the vee and they are sooooo comfortable.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
My mate has PP’s in his Cayman and I recently had a pax ride in it. It was awkward to put the seat belt on (standard belts) in the end he had to clip me in cause I couldn’t see down to do it. I’m 13 stone and 34 inch waist so wouldn’t say I’m a fat c**t. They were very comfortable though,I’ll give them that.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Most comfortable bucket seat I've ever sat inand cater for all sizes very well so a good all round seat.. I ran with harnesses for while but have also used them with a 3 point belt, the buckle can be a little awkward but wasn't too bad tbh

Got to be the best looking bucket seat for a road car too imo!

Screenshot_20190901_215750.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has PP’s in his Cayman and I recently had a pax ride in it. It was awkward to put the seat belt on (standard belts) in the end he had to clip me in cause I couldn’t see down to do it. I’m 13 stone and 34 inch waist so wouldn’t say I’m a fat c**t. They were very comfortable though,I’ll give them that.

Interesting. We’re they the ABE versions as these are supposed to be specifically designed to take the belt receiver.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Most comfortable bucket seat I've ever sat inand cater for all sizes very well so a good all round seat.. I ran with harnesses for while but have also used them with a 3 point belt, the buckle can be a little awkward but wasn't too bad tbh

Got to be the best looking bucket seat for a road car too imo!

View attachment 1432204

Agree they look great. We’re you able to access the rear seats with them slid forwards?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. They’re the ABEs which are supposedly cut to accept the 3 point receiver properly.
This is my concern.

My Cayman has the OEM carbon bucket in and they’re cut totally different again.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If you use the car daily (or even regularly) then I’d be looking at the Nogaros, they look so much easier for getting in/out.

Plus you can get them with no holes if you’re not planning on fitting harnesses in the future.

Edit - I appreciate they were likely sponsored to write this article, but it gives a good look at them.

Last edited:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
If you use the car daily (or even regularly) then I’d be looking at the Nogaros, they look so much easier for getting in/out.

Plus you can get them with no holes if you’re not planning on fitting harnesses in the future.

Edit - I appreciate they were likely sponsored to write this article, but it gives a good look at them.

Yep she’s my every single day’er. 50 miles a day lol.
54B47C2D-6BFD-4DA6-8197-6BE60E2B3DD0.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
No unfortunately not, recaro CS is the seat to have if you need rear assess

Bummer. Really don’t like the CS to be honest. Massively overrated seat along with Trendlines.
The only tilt bucket seat that’s ever been any good in my experience are the Porsche carbon ones and they’re about £8k a pair.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Okay so looking at pulling the trigger on a pair of these, im told that the Recaro bases adapt to the OEM seat rails.
Is this correct if you get the Recaro fitting kit?

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Mine had a recaro fitting kit which the side mounts then bolted to, I got rid of them though as they were way to high for me and the driving position ended up being worse than standard seats..

The seatbelts weren't threaded though in the picture due to just being a test fit.

Screenshot_20190903_183036.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Mine had a recaro fitting kit which the side mounts then bolted to, I got rid of them though as they were way to high for me and the driving position ended up being worse than standard seats..

The seatbelts weren't threaded though in the picture due to just being a test fit.

View attachment 1432471

I’ve been offered the Recaro fitting kit.
What have you done now and how have you fitted the OEM pretensioners?

Any help and photos would be greatly appreciated.

I’m about to pull the trigger on some PPs but want to make sure I have everything I need to make a proper job of it.

406 V6, Race Buggy
Has it got to be those two Frayz? I'd suggest having a chat with Motordrive if not, they'll tailor the seat to your body dimensions if you wish, the bases are a bit deeper though with them being aimed at competition only.

Last edited:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Has it got to be those two Frayz? I'd suggest having a chat with Motordrive if not, they'll tailor the seat to your body dimensions if you wish, the bases are a bit deeper though with them being aimed at competition only.

It has really mate, and yes i know Motordrives stuff.
I like the Poles and they're a road based seat so really tick pretty much all my boxes. Just a case of getting them in and properly setup.
I don't want a competition seat with high sides and a velour cover.

406 V6, Race Buggy
They can usually trim them in what you want if you're wanting leather/vinyl, etc, but the high sides are probably an issue though, even on their smaller seats.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i want a total road going fixed back bucket. None of the recliners tick my boxes to be fair so it was down to these two.
100% it will be the Poles, just want to see how others have installed them, as ive heard the actual Recaro fitting kit for the mk2 Clio sits them at OEM height which completely negates what im trying to achieve lol.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Bumping this chaps for those who have/had the PPs fitted.

Finally got some time to fit my seats, (had them since September!🤦🏽‍♂️)

What/where have you fastened the seat belt receptacle to?
The side mount?

I was going to drill the sidemounts and fit them there but interested to see what others have done. Thanks. 🙂