ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Pole positions in V6 (finally)

An orange one
here you go! :)

recaros5-1.jpg

recaros6-1.jpg

recaros7.jpg

:D:D P.S note the mother of all head units...the pioneer DEHP-77MP..oh and my mum returning from weekly shop in the racing blue..haha..d'oh!! ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
the silver sides go well with the pedals, dialset, gear knob and gear surround, sexy time! :)

An orange one
gave it some jip last night on local twistes...

...i cannot believe how much they transform the car..no more holding yourself on the steeringwheel to stop you falling out of the standard seats..im tall and thin and they just hold you there! in a wierd way..you can feel more of what the chassis is doing too...it gives you a lot of confidence! :)

whats more..as an added bonus! even my girlfriend loves them!!! >shock horror< ;)

C

Clio_Craig

coz its something i will probably need to do wen i get my new seats and frames

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
You keeping the standard wheel Colin? If not you'd need harnesses as the standard belts wouldn't be upto it.

Looks awesome, they look so comfy.

An orange one
Guys..
the plan is to visit yozzasport and have them sort the frames out...either by modifying the recaro ones..(there is loads of unused metal in the height of the subframe) or by going custom..starting with the cobra x-low frames..

as for the steering wheel...i actually quite like the OEM one...we'll see!

I take it..with a non airbag wheel..the standard seatbelts arent good enough??

I have yet to find a semi oem looking steeringwheel..in alcontara lol

1.8 8v RSi
They came to £1172 all in

got them from capital...and they took 8 weeks!! worth it though!

now im fooking skint though lol, be missing out on all the drunken nights out with mates for a while :( lol..ah well! summers here...i'll find some good B roads! :D

i'm all for moddifying ect ect but i will never understand what posseses people to spent that much on just seats......fair enough if you have that sort of money but surely it could be spread out on other things on the car....just my oppinion

An orange one
They came to £1172 all in

got them from capital...and they took 8 weeks!! worth it though!

now im fooking skint though lol, be missing out on all the drunken nights out with mates for a while :( lol..ah well! summers here...i'll find some good B roads! :D

i'm all for moddifying ect ect but i will never understand what posseses people to spent that much on just seats......fair enough if you have that sort of money but surely it could be spread out on other things on the car....just my oppinion

you get what you pay for in this life mate..I could have got some £100 each seats..but would hate them and would have a sore back.. as much as recaro has the name..and they look good in the matching trim... its all about being safe and comfortable at the end of the day

plus..£1200 doesnt go far modifying a vee...even a filter is nearly £300, coilovers £1300, exhaust system £1500 (with sport cats).. etc etc

R27 - 77/500
me thinks i need to come for a sit in your car now colin, when we finally get a photo shoot goin now its summer!!!!

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Nice colin but the steering wheel is a shade of blue which doesn't fit anymore? Maybe an aftermarket wheel is next?

An orange one
the steering wheel is black tim..just the flash on the camera made it look blue..

see the later pics on this thread :):)

MKIII 138
if you want airbags and to look oem why dont you source the tiny phat wheel of f the clio 197 and put it in ? im sure probably fits, failing that laguna GT has a good wheel and i belive its just a slighltly modified MKII clio wheel with better materials and better looks + smaller.

btw im sooo jelous that looks how it should of done from factory ! im gonna have to get one nxt me thinks

An orange one
if you want airbags and to look oem why dont you source the tiny phat wheel of f the clio 197 and put it in ? im sure probably fits, failing that laguna GT has a good wheel and i belive its just a slighltly modified MKII clio wheel with better materials and better looks + smaller.

btw im sooo jelous that looks how it should of done from factory ! im gonna have to get one nxt me thinks

ohhh yeah..i absolutely love the 197 wheel..so small and thick rimmed :D never thought about that...
is there anything in particular that would stop it fitting? like different splines or anything?

you mean get a vee next dude? you know it makes sense...you know when your just having a long s**t day at work..and you go for a quick thrap in the car...as soon as you get in and start it you just think..."ohhh yeah..lets go" :D:D its an experience car...not the quickest by far..but still stupidly fast when you watch the speedo..but what a sensation, the noise..the fear that you know your pushing it and it could all go wrong..but when it goes right..10/10 for satisfaction!

:D:D >>one happy bunny<< :D:D

MKIII 138

ohhh yeah..i absolutely love the 197 wheel..so small and thick rimmed :D never thought about that...
is there anything in particular that would stop it fitting? like different splines or anything?

you mean get a vee next dude? you know it makes sense...you know when your just having a long s**t day at work..and you go for a quick thrap in the car...as soon as you get in and start it you just think..."ohhh yeah..lets go" :D:D its an experience car...not the quickest by far..but still stupidly fast when you watch the speedo..but what a sensation, the noise..the fear that you know your pushing it and it could all go wrong..but when it goes right..10/10 for satisfaction!

:D:D >>one happy bunny<< :D:D

my gf is getting the megane cup for her first runaround (shes learning to drive soon) and im either getting a 197cup brandnew or a MKII vee ?? hmm.. ?

In my ideal garage I would have a vee, and a ph quick of course, even going down to the post office in a vee you must get such a sense of occasion.

An orange one
oh my god...wish I could learn in a meggy cup! lol

i told my girlfriend id look into insuring her for occasional use on the vee when shes 21 in july....eeeeeek lol

ShowOff!!

They will look awesome, Ali! Couldn't beleive how comfy they were when I sat in them - much better driving position than the standard Renault Sport items