ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro seat option for 182!

Jeremy Townsend Confirmed this a while back, whether its still going to happen now is another thing.

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: On-road ability – and the fact that it really does look as if it turned the wrong way at the start of a Tarmac rally stage, are the Clio’s strong points. Interior quality, and ergonomics in particular, are still some way behind the leading standards in this class. Hopefully, the over-elevated driving position should be sorted when Renault launches some Renaultsport options that include already-confirmed Recaro seats, and rumoured go-faster bits such as engine management chips, air filters and exhausts. There’s even talk of a roll cage.

http://www.autocarmagazine.com/FirstDrive_Summary.asp?RT=211587From Here

I tell you, the exhaust/filter/chip sounds fanny-tastic because for it to be worth it i expect the gains are going to be pretty decent (195 bhp maybe?), all Renault bits too.

Its been said many times that the exhaust/filter/chip rumours are exactly that... rumours.

The recaros are supposed to be happening though.

I doubt the chip etc will happen, there was talk of it for the 172 Cheap as well and it didnt happen.

Mondeo STTDCI

Yeah I agree I wouldnt be surprised if that turned out to be BS but Recaro seats?! If they are decent ill get em.

BMW 320d Sport

Sounds good, but just out of interest, how much is the Recaro option going to be? Heres an alternative for anyone who wants Recaros in their 172 or 182 - get a pair of Recaros and subframes yourself out of the Demon Tweeks catalogue and fit them.

If there anything like the Lancia alcantara covered ones they will be expensive to buy, I seem to remember i was quoted £1500 a good few years back.

The Recaro seats are available to order from next month on the 182 Cup and 182. The seats are the Sport Trendline in Black and dont have lateral airbags. Unlike the standard seats, they also dont have height adjustment though the big advantage is that they result in a 10mm lower driving position.

The cost will be £850 on the Cup and £550 on the 182. The lower price on the 182 is due to the loss of the standard side airbags and also that when fitted, the rear seat is used from the Cup (i.e. no split and no rear head rests).

Jeremy presumably there is a harness of sorts that will plug into the loom to extinguish the airbag light on cars fitted with the recaros. any idea if this will be available through parts seperately as im looking to put bucket seats in mine and would rather not have to hack about with the wiring harness?

So does that mean they will sit 10mm lower than the lowest setting on a standard seat? That doesnt seem a lot to me, in a Clio you need to be at least 30-40mm lower, probably even more!

Lee

BMW M2C

Im guessing these will be the ones without the belt guide and standard seat belts will be used?

In my case I hope so as theres no way you can drive around Birmingham with harnesses holding you back in your seat. You need to be able to move around.

Will these fit a 172?

On the origional leaflet for the Cup, an option was different seats, cage etc...but these options were never produced.

Harness - good point. Ill check

10mm lower - yes, ideally they could do with being even lower but thats as low as can be done

Belt guide - yes they will have belt guides and use standard seat belts

£1090 - remember theres the subframe also needed, c.£45 each

Retro fit - theyre no different to those supplied directly be Recaro.

320d M Sport

its about time they had proper seats, just a shame they were never in the earlier models, id have paid more to have them.

bizarrely i was talking to my salesman mate at renault a few hours ago and mentioned these seats - he also said that a rollcage will be a coming option...

320d M Sport

i think maybe someone ought to tell dealers, someone asked me in work today if new 182 came with all those options, reno down the road had said they did, and after my bad experiences with them, they thought theyd better check.

turns out they were wrong then, again! fools.

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 05 January 2005

i think maybe someone ought to tell dealers, someone asked me in work today if new 182 came with all those options, reno down the road had said they did, and after my bad experiences with them, they thought theyd better check.

turns out they were wrong then, again! fools.
We have. Many times.

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 05 January 2005

Jeremy, iam asuming the seats are avaliable for a 182 with cup pack. if so, are there any chances of colour coordination ? i.e

http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/pictures/p66-585_1.jpgfor inferno

http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/pictures/p66-586_1.jpgfor blue

http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/pictures/p66-588_1.jpgfor ice silver

If you bought the runners aswell couldnt you just get them from recaro direct in the colours you actually want ?
From the factory, only the Black ones will be available. However, from Recaro you can buy whatever colour youd like.

Anyone know what they weigh inc runners compared to the std 182 & 182 Cup seats (noting the 182 will prob be heavier due to the bags)?

so lets get this straight. the recaros in the 182 WILL have airbags ???? surley that effects the whole design of the friken seat ? and more to the point its the airbags which are heavy with their detonators etc.. sure two airbags may only weigh 10kgs but on a possible 30kg weight saving thats around 35% of the weigh meant to be saved ??

Also three rear seats = ( - - - ) im under the impression that ( - - ) will still exist but the center removed ? is that correct

also can you specify NOT to have the airbag seats in the standard 182 :confused:

VaVa

He said the recaros will have no lateral airbags. The rear seat will be the one peice bench from the 182 Cup, ie no 60/40 split and no headrests.

Will the Recaros have Renaultsport stitching? Will the rear seat be the sam colour when ordered with the recaros?

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 05 January 2005

No - the Recaros will have the standard Recaro upholstery. The rear seat will be the standard Cup upholstery
thats mingoid and will look too after market, have you seen the tartan granny seat coverings they put in the 182CUP ! :sick:.

better get these for the 182with cup suspension. keep rear seats as same with headrests and leather alcantara + no side airbags < which of course non of the recaro seats feature for the 182 or 182cup.

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 05 January 2005

No - the Recaros will have the standard Recaro upholstery. The rear seat will be the standard Cup upholstery
Sorry to sound like a div, does this mean that the Recaros dont come with leather and alcantara like the standard sits?

its only gonna be good if they save some good weight from standard seats. as it is the standard seats are uber comfy and quite supportive.

one of the benefits not mentioned is that it may bring the passenger seats down to driver level.. becuase they sit even higher than the driver seat even on lowest setting.