ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro seat option for 182!

Is it possible to order these front seats as a dealer option?

Renault are offering compensation/options for problems with my car and I thought this might be a viable option. If they arent what would you go for? I already have the 182 with cup suspension and spoiler packs.

Thanks

7.6cc :D

Im confused :confused:

So you pay £550 more for your 182, to receive seats that are actually worth less than the standard ones you would have got anyway?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 06 January 2005

Im confused :confused:

So you pay £550 more for your 182, to receive seats that are actually worth less than the standard ones you would have got anyway?
I think they will look odd too against the rest of the car.When ford did recaros years ago the whole interior matched

ian

Lee

BMW M2C

I reckon theyll look fine with the basic Cup rear seats. I dont think they would look so good with the leather/alcantara rears in though.

Lee

BMW M2C

I need something to stop the crap in the boot coming forward and smacking me in the back of the head.

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 06 January 2005

I need something to stop the crap in the boot coming forward and smacking me in the back of the head.
No you dont!

Let it smack you in the head, please?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 06 January 2005

I reckon theyll look fine with the basic Cup rear seats. I dont think they would look so good with the leather/alcantara rears in though.
Yeah, but whats the point of having the alcantara door cards etc without anything else matching?

Im sure if theyd done it properly.....

They would have got Recaro to use the same alcantara on the seats etc.

I mean, they arent even having them embossed with the Renault Sport logo etc?!?

Lee

BMW M2C

Love you Jill. :D

In the Cup the door cards will be okay, but as you say it might be a little odd in the full fat 182 having alcantara door cards (if it does retain those) but Cup rear seats.

At least theyve come through with the promise of different seats. I would have ordered them for mine, seeing as I dont like changing things on the car so factory fitted ones would have been fine for me.

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 06 January 2005

Were never going to please everyone. The options there, the choice is yours.

Jill - remember that the seats themselves cost c.£1200.
jeremy you have a way of confusing me LOL. £1200 for the Recaro Pair ??? WTF thats loads of money. mite aswell go the whole hog and get cheaper proper hardcore rally seats + harness. much cheaper.

cant belive they wont match the alcantara. thats cheap. reno sigh.

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 06 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 06 January 2005

Were never going to please everyone. The options there, the choice is yours.

Jill - remember that the seats themselves cost c.£1200.
jeremy you have a way of confusing me LOL. £1200 for the Recaro Pair ??? WTF thats loads of money. mite aswell go the whole hog and get cheaper proper hardcore rally seats + harness. much cheaper.

cant belive they wont match the alcantara. thats cheap. reno sigh.

Then when they sell bugger all they will wonder why theyve bothered and not bother again.

Even a Mk1 astra had recaros, its not taken them long to figure out, what next no rattles and leaks or maybe good customer service...........

I may have missed this info in the thread but Ive been told the Recaros sit 10mm lower than the std seat. I think its well worth having them fitted seeing as the position isnt great for a 6ft 1 chap, its feels so much better being part of the car rather than being sat on top of it.

Quote: Originally posted by The Kirmanator on 06 January 2005

I may have missed this info in the thread but Ive been told the Recaros sit 10mm lower than the std seat. I think its well worth having them fitted seeing as the position isnt great for a 6ft 1 chap, its feels so much better being part of the car rather than being sat on top of it.
not being picky. i agree the seats should turn out to be a very cool extra. and sitting lower makes you fel like your going faster.. in a 182 that should feel special. also hopefully the passenger seats will be lower as their too high. and with good weight saving their worth it but only if they look good !

The Jinx

Better off keeping the original seats and buying cheaper yet better non-recaro aftermarket seats in matching/or close half leather non?

possibly true. but i always claim my mods on insurance (unless there undetectable hehe). with factory fit renault seats you dont have too. Dunno how much it would push the premiums up with aftermarket seats ? especially if they ask "does it still have two side airbags"

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 06 January 2005
possibly true. but i always claim my mods on insurance (unless there undetectable hehe). with factory fit renault seats you dont have too. Dunno how much it would push the premiums up with aftermarket seats ? especially if they ask "does it still have two side airbags"

Thats my thoughts also. Factory fitted is what I want.

Mondeo STTDCI

So....basically, long and the short of it is THAT.....

If i get the seats from an aftermarket retailer I will be paying £1200 roughly. The seats will look NO different from the seats that I would recieve from Renault.

Something tells me I will be looking out for a pranged 182 with these seats!!!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

But whos to say the seats you bought from recaro.co.uk today werent factory fitted come claim time?

ie Jeremy has already said that Renault do not modify the seats, do not badge them etc, so hence there will be no way to tell if they are factory fitted?

The Jinx

But if you go aftermarket you could get ones that are more suited to what you want, plus people might not be put off buying come re-sale time. Plus youd still then have the originals to put back in so using your other seats for your next car or selling them on.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 06 January 2005
But whos to say the seats you bought from recaro.co.uk today werent factory fitted come claim time?ie Jeremy has already said that Renault do not modify the seats, do not badge them etc, so hence there will be no way to tell if they are factory fitted?

I suppose it depends how the stop the airbag fault light from coming on.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Id guess Renault have just developed a couple of clips that plug in where the seats would normally plug in.

Just need the part numbers and everyone will be doing it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Oh this is silly.

PLENTY of people on here have fitted aftermarket seats and have also figured out how to get round the airbag light issue.

Tbh trendlines are nasty and expensive IMHO.

Watch this space in the coming months to see a 182 fitted with aftermarket seats without problems.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 09 January 2005

Oh this is silly.

PLENTY of people on here have fitted aftermarket seats and have also figured out how to get round the airbag light issue.

Watch this space in the coming months to see a 182 fitted with aftermarket seats without problems.

will you declare them on your insurance ??? how much do you think they will add to your monthly re-payments.. i added eibach sportlines and they wacked another £120 a year on ? so my repayment went up by £10 per month, thing is they only cost me £120 ! fekin direct line.. there completly subtle and same colour as standard maybe i shouldnt have declared them but i wanted to be safe... nxt time round when i get the 182 i wont be declaring the suspension mods but its hard to get away with big recaro seats etc..

anyone know of any good insurance companies that are fair and dont charge for aftermarket seats (without airbags) rollcage, racing harness etc..

mine will be one of these

cant say i think much of these seats,for the money theirs definetly nicer seats out their. ive seen nice buckets seats that are retractable for 500 a pair and i bet i could get them retrimmed as well and save a bit.

as for the insurance company whether their factory fitted or not i wouldnt be surprised if losing to airbags over standard did affect your premium.

the height aint a huge deal as bucket seats are more supportive anyway.

does anyone think that your typical low down bucket seat put in a clio you would still be able to see?the way the dash and steering wheels set im not so sure

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 09 January 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 09 January 2005Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 09 January 2005 Watch this space in the coming months to see a 182 fitted with aftermarket seats without problems.
[/QUOTE]

mine will be one of these
what seats ? [/QUOTE]

cobra sazukas

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 09 January 2005

Oh this is silly.

i added eibach sportlines and they wacked another £120 a year on ? so my repayment went up by £10 per month, thing is they only cost me £120 ! fekin direct line.. there completly subtle and same colour as standard maybe i shouldnt have declared them but i wanted to be safe... nxt time round when i get the 182 i wont be declaring the suspension mods but its hard to get away with big recaro seats etc..
I didnt declare my sportlines. They are almost the same as the standard springs anyway - lookswise and ride hight.