ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro's are they worth it?

They aren't renault items, they're normal cobra seats with the renault sport logo embriodered on.

They are very nice.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Is it just about sitting a bit lower, I dont think so? Having had both standard 182 seats and these I would rate the recaro's so much more highly.

Spot on. They make the car more special. I could buy some pikey cobras and bolt them to the floor for 200 notes. All the tatty poorly made subframes/pre-tentioners on show, tacky 'rock' fabric that is cheap, nasty and shiny looking. (speaking from experience with cobra daytonas) Its not just about how low you sit ;)

ST
Is it just about sitting a bit lower, I dont think so? Having had both standard 182 seats and these I would rate the recaro's so much more highly.

Spot on. They make the car more special. I could buy some pikey cobras and bolt them to the floor for 200 notes. All the tatty poorly made subframes/pre-tentioners on show, tacky 'rock' fabric that is cheap, nasty and shiny looking. (speaking from experience with cobra daytonas) Its not just about how low you sit ;)

Lionel Richie
10mm lower seating postion for all that cash

Is that all :eek: they'd still be high:(
In the vee I feel like i'm sitting on the roof :dapprove:

The best ones i've ever sat in were in my 20vt plus (black ones with red stitching:approve: not sure what they're called though)

yep, thats the maximum renault were allowed to lower the seating postion by otherwise they would've had to re crash test the car!

LY V6 with Recaros
I chose to get Recaros because they don't go too much lower...I'm a shortarse lol! They look nice, match the interior and they look pretty standard as they were an option on the car.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I chose to get Recaros because they don't go too much lower...I'm a shortarse lol! They look nice, match the interior and they look pretty standard as they were an option on the car.

You must admit theyre no more supportive than standard though? If anything....less...lol

LY V6 with Recaros

You must admit theyre no more supportive than standard though? If anything....less...lol

I don't know, they're not in my car yet. From sitting in the R26 megane which has the same seats though they feel more comfy and supportive.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe the atr has different seats? I think theyre the same?

162449-5.jpg

Mine arent leather. Dont get me wrong they are good seats. Better than most and i do love them but friends scoobies etc seem have more support on theres...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

bollox are they LOL!

The standard seats are RUBBISH, my van ones are more supportive!

Tangoed Works
The recaros are the one if your going for oem look, but the way i saw it was, most reclining buckets are pretty sexy any way (spesh the misanos i have), and i wanted max comfort and support. I sat in R26 recaros and didnt think much of them compared to my misanos.

Each to their own, and I agree with you gaz bout the fabric of the cobra, but then again i sit in em not look at em.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
For sure. You can 'sink' into the trendlines also. Get your ass deep into them, job done. :)

VRS
as daz said earlier, as a £500 option they were deffo worth it for the looks alone

as a £1200 aftermarket they are a lot of money just for looks

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
but can be sold on for mucho ££££ Or fitted in your new car for the price of two subframes ;)

LY V6 with Recaros
I thought it was £500 on a ff and £800ish on the cup? Or the other way round..

i dont seem to fit the recaro's very well... probably because im a skinny b*****d.

The 197 recaro's however, are perfection.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tried Recaro's and Cobra's in 182, Cobra's for me every time. The Recaro's just aren't low enough, because they sit on the original subframes, but with the Cobra's the subframe is custom made.