ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rechargeable Impact gun

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thinking of getting one of these. I know most will snap on but I'm after something cheap and cheerful to remove wheels at track? Any thoughts

Clio V6, cup racer
as with all cordless stuff its the long term battery performance that lest them down. I found a source on EBAY for new ones for mine, not that they were listed for the one I have (Rolson!) but the photo looked the same so I took a punt and gave it a new lease of life. Moral is, buy one that you know battery replacements are available for.

330i. E30 Touring.
I use this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24v-Cordl...227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e7c3959e3

So does a couple of the other Failsporters. Brilliant bit of kit considering the price! If you're only a once a week spannerer or even less, it's perfect for the job. Can sling it about, takes a decent amount of abuse and will undo pretty much anything up to the driveshaft nut, where it struggles a bit.

I reckon the £70 or so mine cost has saved me 50+ hours in the last year. On a gearbox change, i reckon it knocks 1.5 hours off the time.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I use this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24v-Cordl...227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e7c3959e3

So does a couple of the other Failsporters. Brilliant bit of kit considering the price! If you're only a once a week spannerer or even less, it's perfect for the job. Can sling it about, takes a decent amount of abuse and will undo pretty much anything up to the driveshaft nut, where it struggles a bit.

I reckon the £70 or so mine cost has saved me 50+ hours in the last year. On a gearbox change, i reckon it knocks 1.5 hours off the time.
That looks really good. going to have to get myself one. More torque than my car lol.

I've a small Makita one that takes LXT series batteries. It came with 2 batteries and a charger. It's small enough to get into tighter spaces and is light enough.

Bonus is - £50 gets you a bare drill body and you just use your existing batteries/charger. You can get bare grinders, light, reciprocating saw,circular saw etc.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I use this one:

I can vouch for these too. Had one for six years now, bought from eBay for £45, for trackday use and occasional wheel removal/swapping at the weekend it's been faultless. I actually used it to swap my wheels around yesterday and was thinking what a great but of kit it was.

That looks really good. going to have to get myself one. More torque than my car lol.

This is a really interesting point!!! The adverts all grab your attention with peak torque but don't mention sustained torque or quality of the battery.

Clio 182: 200 NM @ 5000 RPM = 135 BHP
Impact Gun: 500 NM @ 5 RPM = 0.3 BHP

You're very welcome to borrow my impact gun (one of these ~£160 Sealey ones you find on ebay) to see what "500 NM peak" on a mid-range brand is like? Perhaps I can drop it off on the back from work on evening.

Reactions: Gus