ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recliners and Harnesses

so, ive got my seats sitting waiting to go into the car, but cant put them in until I get harnesses and the mounting points for the seats sorted out...

The seats are made by Simota and are pretty much a rarity in the UK, especially the blue ones i have, but they have sub frames already bolted onto them and they wont go in the car with out these being changed... if you look at the way the seats sit as standard the runners nearest the center are raised, perhaps 1 - 1.5 inches above the runners at the door side, so If i put my seats in at the moments, theyll bit sitting at an angle...

anyone know if simota seats can be fitted to other manufacturers sub frames ? would rather find out before spending money on the frames, then returning them for other ones etc as I want these in as soon as possible...

also... as with most cars these days, the seatbelt buckle is mounted onto the standard seat, and although removable, cant be fitted easily to other seats, therefore its gonna have to be 3-points for me...

I know where there supposed to mound.. however, the right hand side of the lap belt into the bolt on the B-Pillar, no problems, understand that, the left side of the lap belt is supposed to mount to where the buckle was.. this would be a bit akward having one side onto the B-Pillar and the other mounted onto my old seats :p and the rear ones I may have a problem with as I use my back seats, therefore cant strip them out.. can the be mounted in the back so that the rear seats are still useable by passengers ( sensibly )

I know that you can mount them in the middle of the floor as the strain in a crash could buckle it, or vice versa, but surely the mounting points for the front seats are re-inforced ( due to the OE seat belt being mounted to the seat, it would have to be ) can you mount the shoulder strap under one of the front seat bolts ?

Sorry for the long winded message, but either that or 50 other posts about it...

anyone ?

ive spoke to simota about it, but they are only doing sub frames for jap cars just now :(

also found out that the seats are gonna be nice and unique :p

worldwide, there was only 800 of these seats made, only 50 of these were black and blue, the others red and black and plain black... so only 25 pairs of them and I have i have one of those pairs :p

ive found stuff that may be of help already.. OMP make it, they do the L Brackets to convert them from base mounting to side mounting, and also the side mounts or they just do a universal mounting kit...

is this more along the lines of what im looking for ?