ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recomend Me A New HeadUnit <£250 (ideally)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
  Monaro VXR
For a tad more you can get the top of the range alpine unit comes in around £270 i think.

Stalk adaptors add another £20 - £30 or so to your price with whatever unit you buy.

Monaro VXR
Just extra features and higher voltage preouts nicer screen more customization with the unit and sound and all that.

muz

big fat japanese bus
go second hand I know someone selling a cracking alpine unit

The difference £100 makes is unbelievable in sound Q, features and looks

Monaro VXR
That pioneer unit is supposed to have absolutely amazing sound quality for the price. but its just one of those units you either love it or hate it and i hate the way it looks. :/

Polo + Micra
never under stood how they try to sell h/u's with 3 6Teravolt preouts

can't see how it makes a difference, just means you need to adjust the gain on the amp

Audi TT 225 Quattro
looks loads better in the flesh, got a smooth aluminum finish. looks quite abit diff at night aswell as it lights up white around the dials. would get a pik but feeling abit tired..

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i noticed a big diff changing to this unit from my kenwood kdc9590r which had 4v preouts. afaik it gives a bigger signal to the amps meaning less gain and better sq, i had to turn my gain down on both my amps when i changed as it was so much louder with the pi hu.

Polo + Micra
a better snr would but voltage is just for gain setting

your not going to get worse sq with a lower voltage iirc nak's are only 2 volt preouts

Monaro VXR
4v preouts on the basic naks and 5 on the higher end ones.

The reason for higher voltage is that your amp doesnt have to do as work generally so a cleaner sound is kept.

raceing blue 182
if your near aylesbury buckinghamshire cca are best about for all car auido needs highly rated and fair in price

E91 M Sport
Forget your glittering jap rubbish, if SQ is what you're after, check out Becker

Fits flush into the dash too, so looks almost OEM. The sound is well worth the money, and it doesn't have all the Q-Bass, Xpand, F-off stuff because it simply doesn't need it.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
i did look at the becker...but looks TOO oem for my liking. im not bothered about having an all singing all dancing maxpower fan boy headunit but not quite than far down the scale either. i like the look of the alpines and the pioneer jay mentioned further up the thread.

Polo + Micra
wozzaa said:
4v preouts on the basic naks and 5 on the higher end ones.

The reason for higher voltage is that your amp doesnt have to do as work generally so a cleaner sound is kept.

surely there will be no difference in the amp boosting the gain 5x and 10x

so does that mean the pioneer has better sq because it has a higher voltage preout:S(well it is bound to with the "burr brown" dacs)