ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recomendations Please!!

My Valver is in need of several thing doing but I need advice on what stuff to buy.

1) Im after a strut brace, but which make and how much am i looking at?

2) What grade/make oil to buy?

3) Need to change my spark plugs but which ones should i buy. Some claim power gains but i cant see this. Has anyone got any that they recomend for the valver?

4) Which leads to get?

5) My valver seems to be running pretty slowly at the moment so does anyone have any cheapish mods to recomend e.g power boost valve. Or do you think it just needs a tune, if so does anyone have a recomended place to take it?

6) Are Ecotecs any good?

If anyone could help with any of the obove it would be really appreciated.

thanks,:eek:

Kev

Williams 2, STi N12

Here we go then....

1) Brace on my Willy is the OMP one, easy to fit and looks good with the yellow writing on the engine cover.

2) Go for the standard 10W-40 stuff (loads of threads on this)

3) I would go for NGK all day long!!!

4) Not much difference unless yours are knackered.

5) Plug change, and a lead change is a good start..Next try cap and rotor arm plus injectors cleaned.

6) Nope.

Hope it helps. :D

Skoda Fabia vRS

1. Omp

2. Silkolene Pro S 10W-50 or Pro R 15W-50 - http://www.a-pp.comwww.a-pp.com

3. NGK or Bosch Super 4

4. Magnecor KV85

5. Redex Treatment - see my thread on this forum for the best way to do it

6. IMO yes, and you can buy mine, but i wouldnt have included that on here as its likely your thread will go wildy off topic, i have a legitimate reason for selling mine, email me mailto:brun@cliosport.net">brun@cliosport.net

Willy2

This is what I used recently:

1. dont know but I wanna get one too

2. I used magnatec 10-40w seems to be good, with champion oil filter

3. I used champion with two prongs seem to be good

4. I got standard ones from GSF, or andyspares.co.uk, not bad.

5. service it first and then see how it runs, I was gonna get my exhaust done and then take it down the Rolling Road in Uxbridge.

6. Pass, there does seem to be a bit of tension on this subject so check old posts.

HOpe this helps, I have only had my valver for 6 months so im learning too.

Cheers Fred2001, Cant beleive that xr2 got bigger pic than me and that was for sale in the back for £700, it takes the piss. It was RedLine!!!

Cheers everyone for you replys.

Brun you have mail.

Kev