ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a camera for a beginner

RB Clio 182
I am after a decent camera that will take better pics than my phone tbh, im not wanting something totally s**t, but somewhere inbetween.

I have done a search and the slrs look too complicated and expensive for my needs, but i have seen the slr style digital cameras like this one...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Fujifilm-FinePix-S9500_Digital-Camera_review

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fuji-Fine...Cameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item27d8cbce8f

Would something like this take a decent photo?

Any info and links would be great thanks, i have £200 tops to spend, im not wanting to become a pro, its so i can take some decent shots of the car tbh lol.

Thanks for any help, i have not got an idea when it comes to cameras.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
They’re alright for what you want I suppose. But personally if you want to see significant improvements over your phone then go for a second hand DSLR, with a lens they can be had for £200 and under :)

RB Clio 182
They’re alright for what you want I suppose. But personally if you want to see significant improvements over your phone then go for a second hand DSLR, with a lens they can be had for £200 and under :)

Thanks mate, ill keep a look out, its something i want but it wouldnt get used enough, thats why i dont want to be spending silly money.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You could get a Canon 450D for under £200 second hand possibly even a 500D.

If you just want some great shots of your car get in touch with some aspiring photographers most will take some decent shots for free as long as you let them use the images and give them some free advertising.

RB Clio 182
You could get a Canon 450D for under £200 second hand possibly even a 500D.

If you just want some great shots of your car get in touch with some aspiring photographers most will take some decent shots for free as long as you let them use the images and give them some free advertising.

Thanks mate, ill keep an eye out for these cameras, i do take quite alot of pics of the car so it would be something i would like to purchase for myself, although i understand your logic.

Are the dslrs complicated to use for a beginner, i suppose its something i will have to read up on, because at the moment i have not got a clue tbh.

Thanks again :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I bought a 450D a few years back .. then the lenses started coming, flashes, tripods, bigger bags.. then the upgrade to the body was needed.. now I'm looking at going full frame.

Add a zero to your budget over the next few years ;)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Not wanting to become Pro? On £200! Setting your standards high I see, I like an optimist.
Just get a used DSLR-stick it on manual and learn photography! It ain't Rocket Science or Quantum Physics.