ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a polish that'll work will before CG M Seal and XXX wax please

As title, I'm looking for a polish that I can apply by hand (more likely) or via PC (if I speak nicely!) before using my Chemical Guys stuff. I'm happy enough with the M Seal and XXX products and have loads left and want to continue to use them, but I'm unsure what polish would be good to use beforehand.

I was thinking AG SRP but unsure of any compatibility issues?

Any advice and suggestions welcomed.

Cheers
Ally

106 GTi
SRP lays down a good base for any sealant - Would be my choice. Depending on the paint condition you may need something with some more bite before the SRP.

Cheers Rich

I had my first chance to inspect the paintwork on my new car today (first clean) and it's not the best, although the grey colour seems to hide a lot of the swirls/cleaning scratches well, i.e. it already looks better than it is. Absolutely zero wax/sealant on it by the looks of things considering the way the water refused to bead whatsoever on it today...

I'm considering just biting the bullet and having it PC polished to get the paintwork into a good condition to start with, rather than mess about polishing by hand.

Ally

106 GTi
The machine polish will save you some trouble in the long term and now is an ideal time before you get it sealed up.

Are you close to young Alan ? - he loves to buff ;)

Aye I'm close to Alan, not in that way though ;)

He knows I've been thinking about a PC'ing for a while - I'm sure he'll accommodate me LOL. Already PM'd him earlier as TBH I can't face polishing by hand.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye I'm close to Alan, not in that way though ;)

He knows I've been thinking about a PC'ing for a while - I'm sure he'll accommodate me LOL. Already PM'd him earlier as TBH I can't face polishing by hand.

Alan txt me earier, we'll have a look at your bus at some point!