ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a new TV please.

FF 182
For a grand, no more. Preferably 55", 3D and with all the smart TV stuff. Would like good sound quality also as we don't use speakers atm.

Can get a Panasonic Viera TX-L55ET60B for a grand, installed and calibrated, but just wondering if there's anything better for that price?

GTD, Lupo
I went for the Panasonic Viera.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd...l55et60b-smart-3d-55-led-tv-21289374-pdt.html

So far I'm pretty impressed! The smart TV features were a bit meh! But the TV as a whole is well made. Not the most advanced but pretty good for the price. I paid £999 about 2 weeks ago. I had to buy an adaptor for my PC as there was no VGA port but that was only £50. There is also only an optical audio in so I struggled to connect up my old Dolby Digital stereo! But I got there in the end. The screen has a very small surround and it's only about 12mm all the way round unlike the samsung above.

FF 182
Ended up buying a Sony Bravia KDL50W685ABU and my god its f**king amazing!! Picture quality is unreal, watching 3-D blu-rays its like your watching it happen for real through glass. Takes a lot to impress me, but jesus, im astounded by it!

Need to invest in a decent wireless speaker set up or soundbar next though!and my god its f**king amazing!! Picture quality is unreal, watching 3-D blu-rays its like your watching it happen for real through glass. Takes a lot to impress me, but jesus, im astounded by it!

Need to invest in a decent wireless speaker set up or soundbar next though!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
VGA?!!! How old is your PC? Who has a computer that only supports vga these days?!