ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a new TV

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Bit late seeing this.
I got B8 last month £960 saved £234 on listed prices.
Got RS to match Costco’s price.

Out the box I was disappointed, this was to replace a Panny VT plasma that had awesome picture quality.

Spent some time on AV forums & got pointed to a setup thread, oh my what a difference 15 mins changing settings made!

Now very happy & plus side this thing is cheap to run unlike the energy hungry plasma.
I picked up a 65 C8 last week and even out the box I thought it was amazing (although I was coming from HD LCD).
Need to spend some time acquiring 4K content and tinker with the settings but it’s just so amazing.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I bought a 65" Bravia just after Xmas, i have messed about with the setting, but being honest, the HD and 4k looks spot on even on standard settings.

@ian 182 just google your tv model and setting, their will be youtube video's on how to fine tune it, i just can't be a*sed changing the picture settings all the time.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
That did not read correct, I used all the settings mentioned & just tweaked panel brightness to suit my room conditions

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe bit off topic but,do any of you have problems using Netflix with your Sony Bravia Tv's?.using it with the button on the remote?.
Mine has started playing up by not loading but when i use netflix using sky q its all fine,only benefit with using it with the tv is having some films etc in 4K.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Maybe bit off topic but,do any of you have problems using Netflix with your Sony Bravia Tv's?.using it with the button on the remote?.
Mine has started playing up by not loading but when i use netflix using sky q its all fine,only benefit with using it with the tv is having some films etc in 4K.
I have a Bravia mate and Netflix seems fine?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Currently going through this dilemma! Definitely want oled and it will be 65". Looked at lots!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The C9 comes top of every tech test really!

Off to do some research!

I wouldn't touch anything that isn't OLED, perfect blacks are a must. I've got a 65 C8 that I got on release. My only dislikes are issues with lip sync when using hdmi arc. It can also be a bit pedantic with my sky q box and HDCP. Hopefully these issues were fixed on the 9 series. True motion is always turned off as I find it can pixelate around moving objects.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't touch anything that isn't OLED, perfect blacks are a must. I've got a 65 C8 that I got on release. My only dislikes are issues with lip sync when using hdmi arc. It can also be a bit pedantic with my sky q box and HDCP. Hopefully these issues were fixed on the 9 series. True motion is always turned off as I find it can pixelate around moving objects.

Lip sync on modern TV’s seems to be absolutely horrific, especially if you use sound bars etc.

Mine went s**t after I turned off the Tru-motion (or whatever it’s called) which was blurring every time I watched football (proper) and football (hand egg).

So, I either have shitty trails or crap lip sync, or f**k about with setting every time.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Lip sync was still an issue but changed some of the settings (turned off the sound modes) and it is perfect now. Sky Q is perfectly aligned now. The blacks are seriously black! Costco is the best price if you’re a member.

Lip sync on modern TV’s seems to be absolutely horrific, especially if you use sound bars etc.

Mine went s**t after I turned off the Tru-motion (or whatever it’s called) which was blurring every time I watched football (proper) and football (hand egg).

So, I either have shitty trails or crap lip sync, or f**k about with setting every time.
I've never found truemotion to work well on any tv I've owned, I'm yet to try a Sony, if the reviews are anything to go by they seem to do a better job with it.

Lip sync was still an issue but changed some of the settings (turned off the sound modes) and it is perfect now. Sky Q is perfectly aligned now. The blacks are seriously black! Costco is the best price if you’re a member.
I've reverted to using the optical connections from sky and my tv to the amplifier, no lip sync issues at all but I've lost out on the high definition audio capabilities.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

I still think my panny VT had better blacks than my LG OLED.
Over on AV forums are some setup tips for the Lg OLED, made a huge difference to mine compared to out the box viewing.