ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a point an shoot

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I've been looking for a camera now for a month or so since my daughter was born I will mainly be using it for taking pics of her an the family holidays etc. I've looked at a few cameras but there's so many reviews an to be onest I don't really understand half the technical stuff they waffle on about I'm basically looking for a camera that takes a good photo by a click of a button with a maximum budget of £200 any help would be appreciated as to be honest I haven't got a clue what to look for.

cheers

sam

ST TDCI
Ive had panasonic Lumixs for the last couple of camera's - I like them, currently have a TZ30 - takes a good pic, nice big zoom, HD,, gps, touchscreen etc etc but pocket friendly.

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Ive had panasonic Lumixs for the last couple of camera's - I like them, currently have a TZ30 - takes a good pic, nice big zoom, HD,, gps, touchscreen etc etc but pocket friendly.

I can't find them for £200 though unless im looking in the wrong places

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Have a look at the Panasonic TZ20 , slightly older than the TZ30 that pearce mentioned , but not that much difference in spec . 14.1 MP , 16X Optical zoom . Takes really good pics , excellent 1080 HD video . I've used mine loads of times at gigs and the footage and sound is exceptional , even when zooming in . It's only the size of a packet of fags so fits in your pocket nice and comfortably . They're about £125 , just have to look about for a good deal .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sorry , meant wilyoldave mentioned . Beer and eyes not working in tandem lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Another vote for the Lumix TZ30 - grabbed one on eBay before Christmas with spare batteries and a bunch of goodies for £220 :) love it!