ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a sealant

Si

RS Clio 172
my monaco 172 is the first dark coloured car i've owned. wanna have a play with some sealants. after that 'deep' shine.

what's good?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
EGP works best on top of SRRP but looks abit shitty when used with other polishing stuff. carlack nano has good reviews and its a product il be trying. Get some wax slapped ontop of the EGP aswell to protect it further

A well built VW
Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic Jet - my personal fave but need to try Zaino some time soon

CG Blitz seems good according to AR but ive never used it

Chocolate Bar™
all good suggestions so far. i must admit i was impressed with duragloss 111 on the sunflower.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic Jet - my personal fave but need to try Zaino some time soon

CG Blitz seems good according to AR but ive never used it

Stick with Jeffs, Blitz is good but not as good.
Zaino is good but if you have a darker coloured car the paintwork has to be immaculate or else it shows alot of the swirls!!

ordered carlack nano and 476s hope i wont be disappointed.

tbh the EGP and XXX my cars wearing at the moment arent bad but hope this new combo will be better ;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
XXX is a decent wax but collinites is awesome and carlack nano is similar to Jeffs ( or im just confused)

Si

RS Clio 172
cheers for suggestions guys. will get a few bits ordered. results soon! (ish) lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
cheers for suggestions guys. will get a few bits ordered. results soon! (ish) lol

The type of sealant wont make a huge diff to the finish if the surface isnt polished well. If it is preppd well then any product will look good on it tbh.
A sealant wont make even make your car look 25% better. I tried loads of crap on my RB 182 not until i polished it well then it looked amizin.
I would look for durability in a sealant, which most give for a few months anyway. But diff selants may give slightly diff looks. Personally i would go for Jeffs Carnauba, but i used CG Jetseal on my RB and it looked decent too tbh, both are easy to apply

106 GTi
For a deeper looking shine on Dark colours I would look into a decent wax rather than a sealant.

I would stick the sealant down as a base and then add the final looks through the wax.

As Riz says it is all in the prop 90% of the cars overall look - the main bulk of depth and gloss are created in the polishing stage. This will make a much bigger appearance difference than any of the waxes/sealants can.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Zaino Z-2 is definately the best sealant, although it's fairly expensive. Topped with Z-8 it gives amazing shin and durability.

Value for money can't go wrong with carlack (carlack is teh same product as jeffs)

Si

RS Clio 172
i always though sealants gave a much 'deeper' shine than waxes? i still have a lot to learn it seems.

106 GTi
Sealants tend to give a clearer wet look with less chance of muting any metallic flakes. Waxes tend to give a deeper richer look.

On darker colours I much prefer a wax and have yet to find a sealant that has not made me want to top it with a wax. I have not got round to trying my Zaino on the GTi yet, but it looked good stand alone on my Silver 306.

Si

RS Clio 172
i use p21s atm.... i love it for its durabilty. is it worth sticking with then?

106 GTi
P21s looks great on Blues, would not say I rate it's durability is one of the least well performers in that respect - 30 days tops. As long as you don't mind applying it once a month stick with it, I would probably use some Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection under it.

Si

RS Clio 172
i though it performed well on a durability test on detailingworld?? lasts a hell of a lot longer than megs gold class that's for sure.. lol.

ok bud, cheers for the advice, i'll give it a go.

106 GTi
A notch above Gold Glass for sure - used to struggle to get much more than a month out of it here but that was on top of oily Glazes.

Si

RS Clio 172
so Rich, you seem very much in the know.... if you owned my car... what products would you use? give me a break down. lol

106 GTi
Monaco Blue, working By hand ?

Wash - Duragloss 091
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin
Seal - Werkstatt Acyrlic Jet Trigger
Wax - P21s if you want to use it up, if you where buying waxes to replace it Victoria Concours or Swissvax Onyx depending on Budget.

For Best results a good machine polish with some Menzerna would be the first thing I would do as that will make much more difference appearance wise than any of the above - tis all in the prep.

Si

RS Clio 172
ill pick up a g220 in the future but for now it's all hand stuff.

cheers bud :D p21s is running out so will try one of the others in the next fews goes. heard good things about the victoria stuff.

106 GTi
The Vics looks ace on Blues - for the money it replaced P21s/R222 as my fave under 40 quid wax, nothing else in that price bracket comes close.

Vics Concours on Dark Blue after polishing with Menzerna by PC.

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

106 GTi
That's the plan.

Set of Nimrods freshly refurbed in Graphite. Looked daft on it at standard height so there tucked away until it is dropped.

106 GTi
You clearly have taste ! They 16's ?

As for Revels he should have just bought a Rallye !

Si

RS Clio 172
16's of course! i had eibach sportlines too :D i used 16mm spacers

Dan's my photographer. he mangaged to sneak his garbage into this shot :p lol

106 GTi
I only have the inferior 15's from the 406 so not need for spacers.

I guess he had an excuse to sneak the fake Rallye in then ...

Si

RS Clio 172
15's are a good choice really. performance wise, tyre wise and the fact you don't need spacers. i almost ditched the nimrods for some 15"2118s but have them for the clio instead. lol.

ask Dan for some recent pictures ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
my lips are sealed!! lol. he'd hurt me if i told.

you going for eagle f1s??

106 GTi
When is he going public ?

They have Toyos on them already which I hate - will be going for some Exaltos once I have knocked out the Toyos.