ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommend me a Sub

PH1 172 Sport
I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this. I miss the extra bass my sub produced in my last car and have decided to ask for another one for Christmas from my better half.

I have an absolute max of £200 to spend and that needs to include wiring.

Now for the hard bit!

I want a sub that provides a good kick whilst taking up as small amount of room possible. I don't want some huge box thats going to take up half the boot as I've been there and it was too impractical. To give an idea I've been looking at a Pioneer TS-WX11A to go under a seat but am unconvinced its going to sound any good.

I don't want to win any bass competitions here or rattle the car apart but just add a bit of depth to my components. So all advice is welcome!

Mini Cooper S
Pic of it in my MK3 boot:

DSC03823.jpg

I think you can an 8" version with a small box.

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Just an idea mate, some people have done it build a false floor and use your spare wheel well as a drop down. Get some sound deadining so it does'nt rattle.

PH1 172 Sport
Just an idea mate, some people have done it build a false floor and use your spare wheel well as a drop down. Get some sound deadining so it does'nt rattle.

Great idea but I'm after something thats a quick fit. I'm quite liking the look of an infinity basslink. Are they any good and does anyone have a pic of one in a clio?

I have the sub you mentioned in your original post, like you said its not going to win any competitions but certianly gives a boost to the treble. Hooked up to a becker grand prix, its no bad!